IGNORED

Miatas in May

BamaJohn

On May 23rd I led a drive out for our Miata Club  (CAMS:  Central Alabama Miata Society), and 26 Miatas, 1 Honda, and 42 people showed up!  We observed social-distancing and had a brown bag picnic lunch on the ground at a little church.  The weather cooperated for a tops-down ride and people had fun.  The last segment of the drive was on AL 25, a mini-tail of the dragon, known locally as "the tail of the lizard".   We ended the drive at Barber's Motorsports Museum, where we'll be doing a few laps on their road course this summer.  

• Like 4

Looks fun John! :thumbsup: Adding in a few laps on their road course is icing on the cake, cupcake, donut or whatever you prefer! :grin: 

So the owners of that one car had to eat reeaally early?   :/     AL 25 is indeed a nice road - sounds like a nice day.

i-6qFWF54-M.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mickeym3 said:

Barber is such a neat place, was the museum open?

I need to ride back down there. Haven’t been since they did the latest redo. Only problem is having to drive to/thru Memphis to get there. 

roadscholar

7 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

I need to ride back down there. Haven’t been since they did the latest redo. Only problem is having to drive to/thru Memphis to get there. 

Cross over at Helena on 49 to Tupelo, probably take a little longer but way nicer than going thru/around Memphis. Believe there was a Civil War battle there too, I remember a historical marker just before the river. Course then you're at the "Crossroads" ya might need to check out Clarkesdale the home of the blues : )  

1-M.jpg

• Like 2

just looked at the post and must apologize for the double images and the blurry quality...

And thanks Pat!

Barber's is not yet open.  The security person said they think they'll open in 2 weeks....hope so.  jb

• Like 1
roadscholar

Often it's the other way around but the Miata was such an excellent idea the Germans copied it.

007.JPG

which sprouted competitors.

003.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

Of course anyone knows it all started long ago in a different place altogether : )

007.JPG

002.JPG

• Like 3
14 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

just looked at the post and must apologize for the double images and the blurry quality...

And thanks Pat!

Barber's is not yet open.  The security person said they think they'll open in 2 weeks....hope so.  jb

No problem. The fun you had is also seen that way!

15 hours ago, Hank in WV said:

Wish I could be there with you. 2010 MX5. Not fast but a lot of fun.

They truly are a FUN car to drive!

roadscholar
3 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

Bill:  You've got me drooling over all the cool cars.  

It was a British invasion at Fontana Village when we were there a couple years ago, looked like a local club out of Atlanta. The place is huge and has a couple restaurants on site and is near the Cherohala and Deal's Gap, could be a nice destination for your Miata group sometime.

009.JPG

001.JPG

003.JPG

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...