IGNORED

2010 RT Brake Pads

DaveTheAffable

DaveTheAffable

Maybe I’m tired, but I thought ordering some front and rear brake pads for my 2010 cam head would be easy.

I’ve gone to multiple sites, and they all have different recommendations even within a product line. I was going to buy EBC pads. One site will say “these pads fit your bike“, but when I go to another site, they say that the same number “does not fit your bike“.

Even the EBC site had numerous options. With Bobben, without Bobben, before serial number this, after serial number that.

I was going to replace them myself, I know it’s easy. Of course, I could go to the dealer.  Suggestions?

I usually check with BeemerBoneYard for brake pads.

I think EBC makes two versions of the same pads, one with grooves (wear indicators) and one without grooves.

Why? No idea.

• Plus 1 1
  • 1 year later...
WhoolyBully

I ordered FA335HHs from Amazon and they sent me FA630HHs. They look very similar and I opened a set and started to install only to find they don't fit. So I tried buying from Cycle Gear, Revzilla and Bob's BMW and putting in BMW R1200RT all these site show the wrong pads. I found one site that came up with FA335s but they wanted $72 a set. Finally found them on Wal Mart for $36 a set. What is going on with all the bogus pad listings?