IGNORED

highway pegs on a GS... will these fit

Jharpphoto

Jharpphoto

I just picked up a 2019 GS Adventure this week.  LOVING it!!.  I traded my 2011 RT which had a set of Ilium works highway pegs mounted. I used these pegs often and pulled them off the RT in hopes that I could mount them on my new GSA.  I haven't tried it yet but it looks as if it should fit.  Will these work on the engine guards of my GSA?  I guess I'm unclear on what size the engine guards are on the GSA.  I'm a little confused by the Ilium site product descriptions.  Ilium says they will fit 22mm engine guards.  Does anyone know what size the engine guard bars are on the 2019 GSA?

Ilium works pegs

maybe these are the ones I have

RandyShields

I have these on my K1600, but for leg relief on the GS, just plop my leg on top of the cylinder heads/engine guards.  I felt as though the highway pegs might be out there too wide on the boxer.

What you have should fit the bars. I put these on my GS from Adventure Designs . POI, The fat tank on the ADV prevents you from using the cylinders as heated foot rests. ;) Randy, this is the kind of useless information that fills my brain daily. :grin: 

RandyShields
7 hours ago, TEWKS said:

POI, The fat tank on the ADV prevents you from using the cylinders as heated foot rests. ;) Randy, this is the kind of useless information that fills my brain daily. :grin: 

Hadn't thought of that.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

A riding buddy has a 2016 GSA and has Illium Highway Pegs mounted on the factory lower crash bars. 

Will try and find a photo,