IGNORED

Cardo SHO-1 Bluetooth Headset Should I

Rider1260

Rider1260

I know this is an older model system but I do really like how it fits on the helmet and it can be had for a really low price, in your opinion what am I missing out on going this route.

I have never even listened to music before owning the RT at the moment I am just using wired earplugs to hear music and directions from my Garmin 395 that is synced to my phone. 

So at the moment I do not have any phone ability but I am fine with that. 

This would be more for future intercom ( with wife ) needs and not being " wired " to the bike. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XS6VBXQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2TG26XCMVGECM&psc=1

chrisolson

A few things ...

• Yes, that's the older bluetooth technology which works, but is no where near the quality and reliability or the new mesh systems
  • Their advertised range is a bit inflated.   But if your wife is riding pillion, then its not an issue.
  • My own experience with older bluetooth systems is that they do not reliably re-pair with peripherals or other units _all_ the time ... but they do _most_ of the time.
  • There also does not appear to be an earplug option, so you might be disappointed in the sound quality with in helmet speakers vs  your current setup. 
  • You'll also loose whatever noise protection your earbuds currently provide, but that can be regained with foam ear plugs ... they do still allow you to hear in helmet speakers , but .....

I purchased a dual helmet Cardo SHO-1 system about 5 years ago.  I liked the way it fit into my Shoei helmets and also the fact that that there was nothing on the outside to catch air or cause problems when storing the helmets in the side cases.  After several years of use, I have had a problem with one of the pair not working reliably.