IGNORED

UnRally V registration ends Monday, May 22, 2006 ! ! !

Tasker

I wanted to post this so that in case you are waiting to register, you know the deadline without looking at the www.unrally.com site.

The deadline is established so that we have time to get final counts for UnRally tee-shirts to our shirt vendor and catering numbers to our food caterer.

Don't hesitate, register today! thumbsup.gif

John Ranalletta
Is there a discount for registering early?
Watch it, mister, or it's double secret probation for you. Don't mess with the UN-Task-master.

[quote

That's it!

NO PORK FOR YOU ! ! !

I believe Steve is partial to tweety-bird on a spoke anyway. wink.gif

I know you've been focused for a long time on all the "back end" stuff necessary to make this event happen; thank you for doing this.

But I'm still not sure why I should register. What benefits do I get when I shell out $50 that I don't get by just showing up in Gunnison on the appointed day? What am I missing out on if I spend that money on gas instead of a t-shirt I don't really want and dinners I probably won't eat.

Remember that bit about the rider being the cheapest part...

DavidEBSmith

What benefits do I get when I shell out $50

Meat Capade.

How can you miss Meat Capade?

The only thing better would be Smoked Meat Capade.

Or maybe Pork Producer's Capade.

steveknapp

Actually my understanding is that it IS smoked meats. Same BBQ guy as last time.

Or I could save you a couple bucks and cook some poultry on the front wheel of the Buell.

How can you miss Meat Capade?
Well _ell, we gladly paid our $98 and we don't even eat Meat Anything!

What the heck is a "Capade" anyway?

Is that like a Jackalope in TX? eek.gif

67522361-S.jpg

wink.gifgrin.gif

But I'm still not sure why I should register. What benefits do I get when I shell out $50 that I don't get by just showing up in Gunnison on the appointed day? What am I missing out on if I spend that money on gas instead of a t-shirt I don't really want and dinners I probably won't eat.

Michael, if you're looking for a sales pitch about why you should register from someone, it won't come from me.

If you don't want to register, then that's fine. We'll see you out on the road somewhere.

Yes, I do. ooo.gif

OK, Tasker, I'll bite and give the pitch! thumbsup.gif

I guess all Tasker and company could do when planning this is to set it up to try and cover most aspects for most people.

Some will fall through the cracks.

For one thing, the two evening meals give people a chance to get together and meet some of the people from the other side of the computer screen. During the day, riders are so scattered, that meeting them is pretty hit-and-miss. The evening meal gets everyone together in one spot.

As far as the T-shirt, it sure is fun wearing a shirt from past rallys. Usually when out riding, or at a local biker coffee shop grin.gif strangers will ask about the event. It give me a chance to tell them of the ride, and this board.

$49 seems like a deal from my end.

What the heck is a "Capade" anyway?

I think it is like a _ _ _ _ A-RAMA or _ _ _ _ A-THON tongue.gif

Meat-A-Thon ...sounds ban-a-ble

I like it! wink.gif

Everything you never wanted to know about "capades"
OMGAWD!

TASKER - What are you getting us into!?! eek.giftongue.gif

I don't think bail money was included in the registration fee calculations. wave.gif

grin.gif

Tasker, that's fine. I'd just read a lot of the when, where, what, how and how much of registration but not enough on the why. So I asked.

Jeff, thanks for the reply. The chance to socialize is a good reason. I hadn't realized that dinner would be the main opportunity.

See you both in Gunnison.

Michael, I took your response as snide, and if it wasn't, I apologize for my short reply.

While the UnRally is about riding the great and beautiful roads of Colorado, the get-togethers in the evening during our meals (and scotch and beer and wine and gin and cigars grin.gif) are just as important to most people, for some, more important.

The $49 is the amount from each attendee to support the event, i.e. food, shirt, etc. If no one registers, then this becomes just another ride-in, and everyone just takes care of their own food, etc. If this is what the masses want, then it would be a lot easier for the UnRally to happen in this fashion, trust me. And, by the way, if any monies are left over after all bills have been paid, they are donated to support the st.com site. In fact, last year we wound up being short on cash vs. expenses by a few dollars and it had to be made up.

We really do understand that not everyone may want a shirt or a dinner or a second dinner, but for the group as a whole, we believe that we are on the right path to staging an event that is accepted and expected by most who attend.

Not everyone will always be happy with details when an event is being planned for a large group, which is fine and understandable, but we try to plan an event that we think most will enjoy and appreciate.

You have to eat, don't you? grin.gif

Tasker, that's fine. I'd just read a lot of the when, where, what, how and how much of registration but not enough on the why. So I asked.

Jeff, thanks for the reply. The chance to socialize is a good reason. I hadn't realized that dinner would be the main opportunity.

See you both in Gunnison.

Absolutely! thumbsup.gif

See you there. smile.gif

Sorry that my question came across as snide. It wasn't meant that way. Compared to most, my budget for this trip is probably tighter and my diet more strict so I'm not surprised that I'm an outlying case. In fact, I'm quite used to it and almost didn't ask.

Sorry that my question came across as snide. It wasn't meant that way. Compared to most, my budget for this trip is probably tighter and my diet more strict so I'm not surprised that I'm an outlying case. In fact, I'm quite used to it and almost didn't ask.

No problem, Michael. It's sometimes difficult to gauge "attitudes" electronically, so no harm, no fowl. My bad... dopeslap.gif

I understand tight budgets, as I've been without a job since January. As far as diets, well, I probably need to eat more like you... eek.gifgrin.gif

Everything you never wanted to know about "capades"
OMGAWD!

TASKER - What are you getting us into!?! eek.giftongue.gif

I don't think bail money was included in the registration fee calculations.

Sounds like "Capades" is equivalent to "hooning" but on foot. BBQ Hooning, especially by the same guy as last time? Sign me up! Oh, wait. I already did!

hANNAbONE

i'M wITH 'nADO on dis one -- that food was outta this world last time...way worth the $49.00 this year in my book.

'Les'see if there are any amish folks that we can help again - that was truly amazing how that all came together...what a heart warmer - great food great friends (many new) and great deeds - and all of it is fostered by something we all have in common, 2 wheeled conveyance...who'd a thought??

How many days is it...???

Cannot Wait

i'M wITH 'nADO on dis one -- that food was outta this world last time...way worth the $49.00 this year in my book.

'Les'see if there are any amish folks that we can help again - that was truly amazing how that all came together...what a heart warmer - great food great friends (many new) and great deeds - and all of it is fostered by something we all have in common, 2 wheeled conveyance...who'd a thought??

How many days is it...???

Cannot Wait

Will you be arriving on your new K12GT? I'll notify the trumpeters. thumbsup.gif

'Les'see if there are any amish folks that we can help again

Would you guys like me to find a needy family that is on the road and might be broken down around the Gunny area? wink.gif

SageRider

Would you guys like me to find a needy family that is on the road and might be broken down around the Gunny area? wink.gif

Me!!!

Me!!!

Oh, wait a minute, I have a new bike....

Nevermind. grin.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday

If they're not broken down, please surreptitiously disable their car somewhere in the vicinity of the hotel so they'll conveniently find us.

Bart Anderson

I think they were Mennonites...don't want to offend any Amish folks that might be reading this board.

DavidEBSmith

don't want to offend any Amish folks that might be reading this board.

They might be:

He cites Amish Internet use as the epitome of irreversible acceptance: farmers with no phones, electricity, TV or automobiles, use library internet terminals to advertise family business offerings on their web sites.

http://www.plexusinstitute.org/NewsEvents/show_Thursday_Complexity_Posts.cfm?id=138

hANNAbONE
Will you be arriving on your new K12GT? I'll notify the trumpeters. thumbsup.gif

uh..........wHAT nEW GT??

I'm a happy camper with my KRS...now if that new Kawa ZX-14 had some hard bags and a new license tag on it -- well..... grin.gifgrin.gif

Archived