IGNORED

2020 UnRally Postponed until 2021

graydude

Well folks I'm sure this was to be expected given the current situation.  However, I'm pleased to announce the Unrally is not being cancelled, just postponed for a year.  That's right, next July 26th through the 30th we will still be able to enjoy all the beautiful and scenic rides and vistas of the California Central coast.  I'm happy to say we've been working with the Cambria Lodge and here is what we have worked out.

1. The room rates will remain the same as 2020.  Tee shirts will also stay the same price.
  2. The price for  the Pizza Dinner will stay the same.
  3. The room reservation portal that was used to book your 2020 room has been shut down.  I will send a new link to those who are just joining.
  4. For your part, please call the Cambria Pines Lodge directly at 800-966-6490 to cancel your 2020 room and book your 2021 room.  You may upgrade your room if you wish but you cannot downgrade to a less expensive room.  That is only fair to the folks who acted early.
  5. You may still take advantage of your 2020 room for the time we have booked and still receive our discounted price.  However, please call the Lodge in the very near future to cancel your 2020 room if you do not plan to use the room this year.  If you fail to cancel within the 72 hour cancellation period of the 2020 event, you will be charged the 2020 prices.  My suggestion is to cancel now to avoid any chance of forgetting to cancel in the future.  The lodge will take your 2021 reservation at that time if you like.
  6. I will refund the fees you paid for the 2020 event via the credit card utilized to pay the registration fee, tee shirts and dinners if you decide you will not be attending the 2021 Unrally.  Send me an email at akagraydude@gmail.com if you would like a refund.  We utilized Shopify to handle our e-commerce for this event.  Shopify charged 2.5% transaction fee so you will receive 97.5% of the money you spent.

No one is more disappointed than I am at having to postpone this much anticipated event.  But I'm confident we will have an awesome time next year with all our healthy, happy and excited riders.  Please post any questions to this thread so I can answer them for everyone's benefit.

Stay safe and healthy, Todd/Graydude

9/15/20 -- MANAGEMENT EDIT:  THIS TOPIC WILL BE UPDATED LATER THIS YEAR OR EARLY IN 2021 TO CONFIRM EVENT DETAILS

Well this just sucks. I thank you for all of your work to organize this event.  I am sure to have to make this announcement hurts you the most. 

• Like 1
  • chrisolson pinned this topic
3 hours ago, AZgman said:

Well this just sucks. I thank you for all of your work to organize this event.  I am sure to have to make this announcement hurts you the most. 

Todd, does this mean that the Pizza will be served July 29, 2021?  Just checking to make sure I book the right room dates. thanx.

3 minutes ago, Lester V said:

Todd, does this mean that the Pizza will be served July 29, 2021?  Just checking to make sure I book the right room dates. thanx.

That is a great question.  Thanks!  Yes Pizza will be on Thursday July 29th.  The 29th is the formal ending of the event with checkout on the 30th.

I'm canceled for this year and registered for next, but I have one concern...

Will there be anchovies on the pizza?  I'm not real fond of anchovies.:lurk:

• Haha 1
**   Chris   **

When will the reservation portal open back up for next year's event?

What rates will we get if we didn't have a room for this year's event?

6 hours ago, ** Chris ** said:

You can book your room for next year using the # Todd provided.  I was surprised that they let us book so far in advance. 

Room rates for us, for this year, were July 28-$152, July 29-$195, July 30-$195 plus tax. This was for a standard room, 2 queen beds. 

You should be able to get the same price for next year. 

Bill_Walker

This seems like a smart call, Todd, given that holding a gathering of our size falls somewhere between Stage 3 and Stage 4 of California's re-opening plan, which is currently at Stage 1 (plan overview here: https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Update-on-California-Pandemic-Roadmap.pdf?te=1&nl=california-today&emc=edit_ca_20200429&fbclid=IwAR1xGFs3o7PQLeTbOXh4jpdMS145LX1cnXh_mWuFWF1TG8wWd-rLsBHGOBo).

23 hours ago, ** Chris ** said:

You can call the lodge direct and reserve for 2021.  You will receive the same rate as everyone else. 

3 hours ago, graydude said:

You can call the lodge direct and reserve for 2021.  You will receive the same rate as everyone else. 

FYI, I just tried this and it didn't work.  Employee in reservations I spoke with said they don't have us listed as an event for 2021 but did have us for 2020.  She would not give me the same group rate price for next year until we're on her list of approved events for 2021.  I'm going to wait a few days for them to update their list before trying again.

1 minute ago, BrianT said:

FYI, I just tried this and it didn't work.  Employee in reservations I spoke with said they don't have us listed as an event for 2021 and she would not give me the same group rate price for next year until we're on her list of approved events.  I'm going to wait a few days for them to update their list before trying again.

Sorry about that Brian.  We've had several people already successfully make the change.  I'll see what's going on.

• Like 1
Bill_Walker

I just had the same experience as Brian, calling the provided 800 number.  She said it's not in her system yet and to wait a few days.  Maybe it's because 800-966-6490 rings to central reservations for their hotel group, rather than to the Cambria Pines directly.

1 minute ago, Bill_Walker said:

I just had the same experience as Brian, calling the provided 800 number.  She said it's not in her system yet and to wait a few days.

She is incorrect.  I'm on it.

30 minutes ago, graydude said:

The lodge is back up to speed.  Feel free to make your changes.

Guess I'm waiting till tomorrow. Recording says reservations are closed until 8 am.

22 hours ago, graydude said:

She is incorrect.  I'm on it.

Today's phone call worked.  Room switched to 2021.  Cya'll there.  Now to figure out where to ride this summer.  Virus or not, I'm going somewhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
beauXjames

Just coming on board...I sure hope to find more ways than this to get to know the group, but I do look forward to signing on for 2021 as well. Peace and prosperity to all the lonely roads that bring us together...

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2020 at 8:29 PM, Bill_Walker said:

This seems like a smart call, Todd, given that holding a gathering of our size falls somewhere between Stage 3 and Stage 4 of California's re-opening plan, which is currently at Stage 1 (plan overview here: https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Update-on-California-Pandemic-Roadmap.pdf?te=1&nl=california-today&emc=edit_ca_20200429&fbclid=IwAR1xGFs3o7PQLeTbOXh4jpdMS145LX1cnXh_mWuFWF1TG8wWd-rLsBHGOBo).

A very smart call indeed.  As of the June 27 virus news, a July 28 Un would not look to be happening. 

Todd, you the man.

• Like 2

I appreciate all the understanding. I’ve only had 5 people to date ask for a refund. Not slighting them just people are really looking forward to 2021.  Don’t forget to change your reservations.  I will be  putting a blast out again reminding folks so they don’t get billed. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

That’s still the plan unless we get shut down.    All the pieces are still in place.  I’ll have an update in January for the event

• Thanks 2
8 hours ago, Whip said:

Are we on for 2021?

Even if we're not, I'm willing to ride up anyways.  I've got the missed 2020 trips to make up for.

1 hour ago, BrianT said:

Even if we're not, I'm willing to ride up anyways.  I've got the missed 2020 trips to make up for.

Pre retirement ride.  Good plan!

7 hours ago, graydude said:

That’s still the plan unless we get shut down.    All the pieces are still in place.  I’ll have an update in January for the event

Excellent Thanks.  An update in Jan would be good as we will have to update our Visa info with the motel at that time. 

Hopefully things have come back to near normal by that time and the border will re-open. 

Just to let you know, Barstow is completely Covid free.  Some thing about the environment being toxic to the virus.  Sounds like a winner to me.

abandoned_semi_outside_of_barstow_md.jpg

I know the pull is strong back to your roots EDDDD but I know you’ve never been comfortable with an indoor privy but I think we have a better shot with that in Cambria

Im with Eddd on this one!

How can one miss out on Elmers bottle tree ranch? Just a short ride outta beautiful Barstow!

And fine dining at the exquisite Slash X Cafe

2CA227CE-5F9F-496C-BADB-56233E617D51.jpeg

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
On 12/4/2020 at 7:57 PM, mrduck said:

Im with Eddd on this one!

How can one miss out on Elmers bottle tree ranch? Just a short ride outta beautiful Barstow!

And fine dining at the exquisite Slash X Cafe

2CA227CE-5F9F-496C-BADB-56233E617D51.jpeg

Trona! 

• Thanks 1
Dennis Andress

Trona has mining.

Trona California

3 hours ago, AZgman said:

You guys forgot to promote the Boron mines outside of Barstow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • chrisolson unpinned this topic