IGNORED

Chuck

charles.comer@comcast.net

I have 2012 that I would like upgrade the stereo system because the stock is mot very good 

I have the Sena communication units because my wife rides her own bike and we love them regarding talking. The speakers are very low quality for music. I have read they have upgraded their system but we do not need new ones at this time 

I would like to upgrade my bike system because I plan on keeping my bike for the long haul. It does not seem like BMW riders care much for music because I cannot find info regarding this issue. If they did they would be bragging about the results of the up grade.

More I read reviews the more I’m ruling out SENA and going with CARDO. My BMW Communication System was always sub-par and will no longer connect to anything and it’s software is not capable of being updated.  On some things BMW is so far behind on its tech offerings it’s pitiful. 

3 hours ago, charles.comer@comcast.net said:

I would like to upgrade my bike system because I plan on keeping my bike for the long haul. It does not seem like BMW riders care much for music because I cannot find info regarding this issue. If they did they would be bragging about the results of the up grade.

Yeah, don't think it's a "thing" with BMW riders. Now, my 05 RT came with the radio prep kit so I had a local audio shop install a radio. I think it was probably a little better than what BMW offered. Least that's what I told/sold myself on. :grin: I since found Sena and the bike's radio seems less important because smartphones give so many more options. I just use the supplied speakers but earbuds seem to be a popular choice.

BTW, welcome to the board Chuck! :thumbsup: Where ya from?

I switched to earbuds with my Sena. After 30+ years of playing rock and roll live (earplugs used) the in-helmet speakers just didn’t cut it any longer. 

My ‘17 RT’s factory radio (through factory speakers) was marginal at best unless sitting at a stoplight. 

Now I guess you could wire in a 500 watt amp, upgrade your speakers, maybe mount a subwoofer somewhere and share your tunes. 
Nah, get some earbuds. 

• Like 1

Tewks 

I live in the Chicagoland area and do a lot of riding in WI,MI and the UP of MI. I also have a cabin in Winter WI.

• Like 1