IGNORED

Dirt Rider

taylor1

I read a post in the Oilhead section on a plug for Chris Harris.

I just wanted to remind folks not to forget and look in their own backyard.
This is a thanks to D.R.  He has guided some through the most complex problems on their bikes, and answered the silliest ones with no sarcasm.

What a true asset to us all.

Thank You

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Dirt rider is an amazing, knowledgeable, friendly, generous and helpful mechanic. He is a rock-star on BMWST and, probably, other sites as well. When he speaks, we all read it because we know what he says is the true and right path for repairing and maintaining our BMW machines. Following his advice will always lead you in the right direction. I never miss reading his posts because I ALWAYS learn something, even if I don't understand everything he's talking about. Sometimes I have to read them twice to get the full perspective.  I am quite grateful to him for answering my novice questions over the last 15 months of oilhead ownership. There are so many things I wouldn't have attempted without his, and other's, guiding comments. 

BMWST has a number helpful and generous people and I've appreciated their advice as well. Tri750 and Still Cal, come immediately to mind as they went out-of-thier-way to their way to help me.  Tri750 steered me to a great deal on a top case and then helped me rekey it. He PMed me his home phone and we used FaceTime on our iPhones to work through the rekeying process. He has also helped me understand some basic maintenance and operating elements. He at onetime was the store manager and service manager at a dealership. I'd imagine he has also been equally helpful to many others behind the scenes. Equally so, Still Cal helped me find an obscure connector for adding OEM heated grips (which my bike didn't have). Without his help, I would have never found it.

I started the "Plug for Chris Harris" thread. Like raising children, it takes a village to educate those who are trying to understand enough that they can communicate effectively with their mechanics and perhaps do some of their own maintenance and repairs. Chris' YouTube videos helped me understand many things about oilheads and the level of maintenance I could reasonably do myself as well as understand enough about other maintenance items, like ABS braking and throttle body synchronization, that I could understand what my local, independent BMW mechanic was talking to me about. While I titled it "A plug for Chris Harris", I really meant it as a service to other oilhead owners. I did not intend to 'diss' other knowledgeable people like Dirt Rider and I hope it wasn't interpreted that way. 

Cheers.

Miguel 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1