IGNORED

Dainese Universe GORE-TEX Gloves + Gore Grip Technology Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

Dainese Universe Gloves Review Intro

Gloves are a personal preference, meaning that once we find a design that works, we usually stick with it. Having a properly fitting glove is essential for maximum enjoyment, although it’s something of a challenge to find a pair that fit, perform, and protect to our expectations.

Dainese has been in the motorcycle apparel business since the ’60s and is an innovator of several products, like knee sliders and the first back protector, just to name a few that have changed the industry for the better.

Dainese Universe Gloves 2The heart of their new three-season Universe glove is the GORE-TEX Gore Grip technology. It’s basically a system that eliminates movement between the layers of fabric and gives a true grip feel on the bars. The bulk of the outer construction is made of goatskin, with Amica suede and polyurethane on the palm for reinforcement, along with Techno inserts on the knuckles. Additional features include pre-curved fingers with Dainese Smart Touch technology, visor wipe on the left thumb and double cuff regulation system, which make getting them over your sleeve a breeze. I wish more gloves had this system.

During our evaluation we encountered rain and below freezing temperatures for extended periods of time. The Universe never let me down in regard to moisture penetration, and my hands stayed dry in hours of riding in the rain. Even though the glove is categorized as a three-season glove, it performed quite well in temperatures below freezing with heated grips and hand guards blocking the wind. I would like to see Dainese offer an insulated version in the near future. It would be my go-to glove for cold and nasty conditions.  

Dainese.com

MSRP: $229.95

PROS:

• Most comfortable three-season glove I’ve ridden with
• Multiple rain rides with no wet hands
• Pre-curved fingers

CONS:

• Not for all budgets

Where to Buy: 

Revzilla btn

Dainese Universe Gloves 1

ua9Vjm55Tm8