IGNORED

Did I ever tell you about the time...

hopz

..... Suz and I were outside of Torrey riding Capital Reef when my rear tire got a lot slushy and wobbly. I was lucky there was room to pull over and the rear tire was way down. Yup there was the reminder of a nail right there in a spot between the treads.

Being one who tried to be prepared, I took the seat off to access the battery, got my Slime brand 12 volt Air Pump out and inflated that tire. The nail did not perfectly contain all the air, but it was only 15 miles or so to Torrey. We put everything back together and made it to Torrey where several libations were consumed and air returned to my lungs.  In the parking lot of the  Capital Reef hotel I was able to remove the wheel, patch the tube with the kit, and blow that tire right back up.

Glad I had a Slime tire pump.... If you know anyone who needs one of these Slime Pumps drop me a PM or call me. (this is not advertising, this is information)

13 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Mine worked perfectly at last year's UN. :thumbsup:

Seems we were using the nice lady's shop air hose after a while........

But that wasn't because we ran through 73 different tire plugs trying to find how big that hole was! Or was it?

PLEASE tell us you have replaced that tire?

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, realshelby said:

Seems we were using the nice lady's shop air hose after a while........

But that wasn't because we ran through 73 different tire plugs trying to find how big that hole was! Or was it?

PLEASE tell us you have replaced that tire?

She was a nice lady for sure! :thumbsup: Later in the trip, the Slime pump saved the day. :yes: Now, about that tire....yeah...hmm...Springtime I promise. :grin:

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 2/5/2020 at 5:53 PM, hopz said:

Glad I had a Slime tire pump.... If you know anyone who needs one of these Slime Pumps drop me a PM or call me. (this is not advertising, this is information)

Seconding your endorsement of the Slime pump.  In 2014 when I was riding the Driftless zone in Wisconsin, I woke up early for a long day of riding and checked my tire pressures.  Uh-oh, rear tire way low, found a nail in the tread.  It was going to be a few hours before any tire shop was open, and it would have been a hassle to get to one anyway.  Pulled the nail, plugged the hole with a sticky-rope, and fired up the Slime pump.  Saved me a few hours of waiting.  

One thing I discovered is that the pump works a lot faster if you start your bike's engine; system voltage jumps from 12 to 14.5 volts, and the pump runs like you poured an espresso on it.  :D

• 4 weeks later...