IGNORED

Norton Motorcycles in Administration

TestPilot

According to the British motorcycle press, Norton Motorcycles is in administration (British for Chapter 11 bankruptcy).  There are various accounts of why on the internet, including an unpaid tax bill of over 300,000 pounds and bikes paid for but never delivered.  Regardless, the company seems to be in dire straights.

This is a discussion on another MC forum I'm on that has a lot of Brits/Canadians/Europeans on it too. Several people have suggested that Keanu Reeves (successful Hollywood actor who owns a custom-build motorcycle company called Arch Motorcycles) buy the Norton name. I'm not following it that closely but other's here may be interested in that discussion. Each Arch MC takes 90 days to build and each is custom. They are two liter/124 cu-in bikes. Not quite my tastes but they are beautifully built. I have no idea of the cost but I'd guess it's more expensive than the R18 so likely $50K-$60K. 

Best

Miguel

That is just too bad!  My all-time favorite bike, to this day, was my 1963 Norton Dominator 650 SS.  The last Norton to utilize their, at the time, famous featherbed frame.  650 was the largest powerplant that they had managed to squeeze into that frame!

381655651_SeashoreNorton.thumb.jpg.f99dece8b266107d528297ce8ad472d7.jpg