IGNORED

Two Brothers Exhaust

ahpd1992

Anyone put a two brothers cat-eliminator exhaust? My original exhaust is starting to show some rusting and Im thinking of replacing it. Has anyone used this item and if so how did it perform?

Thanks

Tom

Anyone put a two brothers cat-eliminator exhaust? My original exhaust is starting to show some rusting and Im thinking of replacing it. Has anyone used this item and if so how did it perform?

Thanks

Tom

This is a RT? If so the original pipe is stainless steel, so should clean up just dandy

Andy

HI Tom and welcome to the board.

Could you post a picture of your exhaust? it may not be rust at all. They tend to get brown/dingy looking from heat and wet road grime. The stainless used on the exhaust is a fairly decent grade. Some grades of stainless will rust, like 303 or 304. A Scotch Brite pad and soap/water may clean it up nicely.

If you MUST replace the muffler I couldn't recommend the 2-Bros. I hate to say this because I know Craig Erion very well, but they are obnoxiously loud.....sorry Craig. grin.gif

Judging by the way you first state your enquiry, It doesn't appear that performance is what your looking for, just esthetics. There will be no noticable performance gain with an aftermarket muffler, you will shed a few pounds but most likely you wouldn't notice that either. If your dead set against replacing the muffler with an OEM, I could recommend the Remus. They are much quieter than the 2 bros. and fit-n- finish is top shelf. Staintune is another brand that is quiet and quality finished.

I had one for a year, it was way too loud. The only time I liked it was at WOT and high RPM's where it gave off that sexy Formula 1 ripping sound. In the mid-range it was boomy and resonated horribly. I sold it. Some people have taken the Two Bros cat eliminator pipe and connected it to a used VFR muffler. They claim that's the best cheap aftermarket system you can have; good sound, light weight, no cat, and cheap. Me, I've learned to accept the sound of a sewing machine.

My GS came with a 2-Bros exhaust and collector. I replaced it with stock within a week. Unless you have latent sociopathic tendancies, or live alone in the Arizona desert, they are WAY too loud.

Well I suppose I may be guilty of sociopathis tendencies... dopeslap.gif

I actually like mine, but I have been pondering getting the "quiet" insert.

I pretty much suck at riding so I do not have the finely tuned tush that others 'round here may have and would be able to tell of any performance gains.

That said, the motor does seem to spin more freely... clap.gif

Still kinda like the sound... cool.gif

actually like mine, but I have been pondering getting the "quiet" insert.
Is there such a thing for the two brothers exhuast? I just removed my two bro today and put my stock back on just for a change. (it's a little to load for me)

That said, the motor does seem to spin more freely...
I noticed that too, i think i does.

I have thge newer version which allows for different inserts. I got it specifically for that reason. I enjoy the free spinning engine as well as the note of the engine, but I do not like overly loud systems. I am onthe fence right now about it.

I had one for a year, it was way too loud. The only time I liked it was at WOT and high RPM's where it gave off that sexy Formula 1 ripping sound. In the mid-range it was boomy and resonated horribly. I sold it. Some people have taken the Two Bros cat eliminator pipe and connected it to a used VFR muffler. They claim that's the best cheap aftermarket system you can have; good sound, light weight, no cat, and cheap. Me, I've learned to accept the sound of a sewing machine.

I have a VFR can that I'll sell cheap. PM me for details.

My RT is likely going to be sold by this weekend so I'll have no need for it.

Thanks

Tom

I've got the Two Brothers Racing Y-pipe and C-3 can on my GS, and it's LOUD. Kinda fun in a hooligan way, but it gets pretty tiresome on the open road, makes my ears ring even with earplugs. I even tried a repack kit, didn't make any difference. Also, there's a little rubber bumper on your center stand that rests on the catalytic converter but with the Y-pipe the center stand kind of bounces around down there and can gouge out the torque arm. I rigged up a bumper on the arm for it to rest on, works fine.

Positives: it is twenty-one (21) pounds lighter than the stock cat+can on my 1150GS (8# vs. 29#). That alone may make a difference. I also notice my engine revving faster than with the stock setup. The TBR can is much smaller than the stocker so there's more clearance for bigger luggage. The Y-pipe dissipates heat faster than the cat, but I don't have any idea if that affects the tranny or not.

I like it for fooling around in the dirt, but I'll put the stock setup back on for road trips.

Stock:

49769212-M.jpg

TBR:

57311565-M.jpg

57931603-M.jpg

Hope that helps!

Doug

Juan_in_a_million

I had one for two months on my RT. I kind of liked the punch but it was too loud for my taste. I sold it an put the stock exhaust system back on.

Cheers!

Juan Antonio

Kurt Snyder

I had a TBR for a couple years. It was loud and the build quality was substandard. It required frequent repacking which is a PIA. It required repacking in as little as 3000 miles. The exhaust pulses of a twin are more abusive to the packing than a four cylinder. I put the factory system back on only to have it rust out inside. I know have a Z-Technik. The quality is much higher and it never needs repacking. The Z-Technik is loud without the insert but not as bad as the TBR. I would like a quieter exhaust but the insert hurts the midrange on my bike. I would stay away from any system that requires repacking. I also have a Techlusion on my bike which make a big improvement with an after market exhaust.

Kurt

Archived