IGNORED

Quiet Ride Werks windshield review

Bmrboy02

Lone_RT_rider

So I finally got out and about and burned some miles with the new Bronze tint, 24" Quiet werks Shield. After having a few Cee Baileys shields, I was hesitant about this one at first. I'm happy to say this performs very similar to the CB. It has that whisper of buffeting at 70-85 mph that is so quiet.  I'm really happy with it. Between that and the new Russell seat, it's ready to get across the "land of flat" to get to Blairsville in a little over a month.  :)  

I'm so glad I got this bike. It's the right tool for the job while residing in the flyover states.

Shawn

IMG_20220320_124809410.jpg

• Like 2
On 3/11/2022 at 10:31 AM, Lone_RT_rider said:

So, I got it installed with the bronze tint (not normally offered). You be the judge for you, but I like it. It works well IMO with the bronze tint in the Manhattan Metalic paint, the gold calipers and the gold fork sliders. :) I'm happy. 

And no....I haven't ridden it yet. It's supposed to be 50 degrees F on Sunday. Maybe then. :)

Shawn

IMG_20220308_151208981_HDR (1).jpg

IMG_20220308_151216468 (1).jpg

IMG_20220308_151227594_HDR (1).jpg

IMG_20220308_151244138_HDR (1).jpg

Hmmm, keep your shield.  I'll take your seats. 

(They look REAL comfy.  Hopefully, my new Sargent seats will do the trick, but I'd still like to get a RDL seat down the road).

Good lookin' bike. +1

On 3/16/2022 at 4:50 AM, Rinkydink said:

I am also waiting on Terry. I need a shield and a headlight protector for my ‘22RT. I’m what you call triple waiting…The bike is still on the Atlantic somewhere, tint shield is not available, and Werks doesn’t have a headlight protector designed for the newest RT yet.  :lurk:

"for the newest RT yet.  "

brag, brag, brag.    I hope your boat don't sink with your treasure aboard!

(now, where's that "green with envy" Emoji....)

😁+1

Hope it arrives soon, for your Spring riding.

On 3/16/2022 at 4:52 AM, RandyShields said:

Hopefully it wasn't on the Felicity Ace!

It was some years back, y'all will probably remember, but there was that containership that sunk off the coast of England somewhere, folks on the coast were salvaging some of them, and a picture showed one guy wheeling off a new RT out onto the sand.  It wasn't crated, so it must have been somebody's bike that was moving.    It was just funny as heck (and a little sad).

1 hour ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

So I finally got out and about and burned some miles with the new Bronze tint, 24" Quiet werks Shield. After having a few Cee Baileys shields, I was hesitant about this one at first. I'm happy to say this performs very similar to the CB. It has that whisper of buffeting at 70-85 mph that is so quiet.  I'm really happy with it. Between that and the new Russell seat, it's ready to get across the "land of flat" to get to Blairsville in a little over a month.  :)  

I'm so glad I got this bike. It's the right tool for the job while residing in the flyover states.

Shawn

IMG_20220320_124809410.jpg

I have a 14R1200RT and got a Cee Bailey, a nice dark tint.  It looked great on the bike but it felt just like the stock shield.  I don't recall when Terry started selling the Quiet Ride for the Wethead but after the Cee Bailey didn't work out I purchased the Wunderlich.  That thing was huge and felt like I was pushing a barn door down the road, hated it.  Then I got a Quiet Ride, I like it so much it never comes off the bike.  On pasted bikes I would change out shields in for the summer and winter.  So in my option you got lucky and skipped the Cee Bailey this time.   I'm waiting on delivery of a 2022 RT, if the stock shield doesn't cut it I know where to go...