IGNORED

Low RT

Mick-f

I recently sold a 2007 RT, it was getiting a bit too tall and top heavy for me, but it was a great machine. I still have my unigo reiler and hitch. Did BMW ever make a "low frame" RT, not just one with a low seat?

Thanks. Mick

I have a 2010 RT and it has the low suspension option, which I understand lowers the height by about 1" vs the regular suspension. With this option, there is no ESA option and it comes standard with a one piece seat that does not have any of the adjusting hardware and such and also does not have a heated seat option (available with some aftermarket seats like Corbin and such). Many say they do not like the one piece seat offered on the low suspension version, I can tell you it is a bit soft, but it never bothered me. I did replace mine with a 1 piece Corbin seat as I preferred a seat a bit more firm and the finish and shape of the Corbin leather seat. I did not get the heated option but I never found it that used on my previous BMW. The fact that the Corbin was a bit different shape and more firm, seems to have raise my seating position maybe 1/2" from the stock seat but I can still get most of my foot down on both sides at 5'6" with a  29-30" inseam.

I did do a demo ride on a 2019 RT and I don't believe it has a lowered suspension model, but with the possible low seat model or adjustment lowered, I did not have an issue riding it compared to my 2010, it seemed to be almost as low, maybe the seat was more narrow as well so it was easier to reach the ground.

I do understand the concern of the taller bike and all. Even with the lower bike there are times when road surfaces or the level of the road take some pre-planning or consideration as not being able to flat foot and get a solid footing can be a challenge that taller riders don't have to be as concerned with.

2010r1200rt side view summer 2019.jpg

• 2 weeks later...