IGNORED

IMS Denver

fatbob

I got to go to the IMS in Denver last weekend.  First time for me, and though BMW and KTM were listed on the ads it seems that Not one European manufacturer showed up!    The Japanese Big 4 had impressive displays, and the HD display was fabulous.    The HD Adv bike looks great, so much better in person than the photos.   Enjoyed seeing the new Enfields.   I was bitterly disappointed in the Euro brands for not showing up, particularly after BMW and KTM were listed on the ads.   Just venting. Ciao. 

I went to the IMS here in Cleveland just yesterday also.  Same story.  My first visit to any IMS, and so it was fairly disappointing.  I was hoping for more representation, and the size of the overall show was, IMHO, very small!

I was in Cleveland this past weekend as well and it was disappointing.  We've been going to Cleveland now for about 6 years and last year seemed a tick up so was hopeful it would continue but no go.   In December I was at the NYC show for a very short time (less than an hour) but got to see BMW and the new 1800 prototype.  Beautiful !  Also , KTM was there too.  I guess the big shows are the only ones that get ALL the manufacturers.  Would love to attend Long Beach show one year just to compare. 

Oh ... but while in Ohio and since the show was just "ok" we drove to Columbus to Iron Pony Powersports store.  Holy mega store batman!   It is the size of a Wal-mart (actually in an old Kmart building) and they had aisles and aisles of helmets, gear, oils & chemicals.  I've never been in a motorcycle store this big. 

The last Atlanta show was quite a few years ago.  It did seem fairly small compared to the one in NY (Dec '18,) but now there is no annual show.  The IMS now skips Atlanta on its schedule. 

I did get to buy a winter riding suit from that Atlanta show.  So I  got that going for me, which is nice.

• 2 weeks later...

2020 was an off year for the IMS in Chicago. No BMW, Triumph, KTM, or Ducati. There was the Japanese four, Indian, Royal Enfield, HD, and Ural. Not what I was expecting. Lowest brand participation I have experienced in Chi-town in many years.

I agree that the Chicago show was not up to par. I was concerned that BMW wasn't going to show and they DIDN'T.  I've been the last 10 yrs but this is probably my last. The leather vendors didn't even show up, not that I need any. Local vendor for Ural was there with several examples, actually fairly impressive.  Need to ride one for sure. Grandkids would love it. 

I rode down to the Dallas IMS 2 years ago. It was disappointing compared to years past. I know the scoot market is sadly down in the dumps. I hope it rebounds soon. 

The show in Dallas this year was way better than the prior year...but no BMW.  The disappointing part was vendors.  I planned to buy some new riding gear but there wasn't very much and it was mostly cheap crap.  RevZilla and Cycle Gear were present but didn't bring much at all. We went to the new car show in Houston.  It was really good but no BMW.