IGNORED

BMW Paint Codes.

PadG

I had been looking for BMW's paint code for Blue Planet metallic for quite a while now, and had failed quite miserably!  I want to have the color shell of my large topcase repainted from the present San Marino Blue metallic to the new Blue Planet metallic, to match the 1250 RT that I will be ordering next month.

Anyway, I have finally succeeded in finding that code, along with lots of other color codes, from a resource shared by another inmate of the other forum!  So, I figured that there may be other folks looking for similar information, and therefore I would like to share the information here: https://colorndrive.com/en/touch-up-paint/bmw-motorcycle?year=2019&baseColor=

It seems like all the colors are here!

Just make sure the painter has a painted part to compare his finish to.  Guessing the Blue Planet Metallic color is a 3 stage paint like Mars Red Metallic, which is tricky to get right.  It took my dealer's painter some effort (twice, actually) to match the tones.  I had the nose pieces painted to match and wish they would have sent a side case along with the parts to be painted.  The painter could have checked the match a little sooner than it took the week to get them back to the bike.  He had to take them back to his shop and do all over again, for another week of no riding.  Ugh.

When I had my painter do the San Marino Blue metallic, he did ask me to see an actual sample, but I wasn't able to do that, since it was a new color for 2015, and my bike (one of the very first batch) was still in transit.  The best that I was able to do was to give him a picture.  He did a perfect match anyway.

• Like 1