IGNORED

Garmin StreetPilot 2730 GPS / XM Combo Unit

ronest

I am intrested in purchasing a Garmin 2730 unit to connect to the autocom system. Just wondering if anybody rides with this unit and if they have any comments either positive or negative? The unit seems like a good way to unclutter a dashboard.

Thanks in advance,

RD

I've been eyeballing it. It only has about a gigabyte of storage for your MP3s. But I guess having XM makes that more tolerable. I think I'm just gonna get the 2710 and put the difference towards an ipod that I can use in the car or at work.

I've been eyeballing it. It only has about a gigabyte of storage for your MP3s. But I guess having XM makes that more tolerable. I think I'm just gonna get the 2710 and put the difference towards an ipod that I can use in the car or at work.

I fit about 150 Mp3's on my 2730, but I find that I never use it since I have XM Radio. I also have a creative Zen 30Gb Mp3 back up in case I need it.

I love the unit. As with any of the other threads, the screen could be better in sunlight, but it is not a deal breaker. I got mine brand new (not refurbed) from www.BuyDig.com for $864.

Woops. I meant the 2720 as an alternate. Amazon has them for $719. The lowest prices I saw for a 2730 was in the $850 range at various online places.

I've got one,hooked up to my Pro7 Sport ( no factory Stereo) and it works great.My wife (pillion) has the remote control and when needed either changes xm music channels or to the mp3 player. The real test will be thursday when we leave for North Carolina.

Steve

Archived