IGNORED

99 R1100RT saddlebag fitment

Mulepick

My bike came (to me) without saddlebags. It appears that I have the bag/trunk mount but have never seen how the mount matches up with the bags.

For sale on ebay is a set of bags

(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4634482283&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT)

that appear to be the right setup (room for left swept up exhaust) for my bike. The part numbers are not an exact match.

Can someone give me a feel for the chances that these bags will fit? I have the impression that bags are bags but may be wrong. Also, I can't see how these bags would attach to my bracket.

Tks,

Bob

My bike came (to me) without saddlebags. It appears that I have the bag/trunk mount but have never seen how the mount matches up with the bags.

For sale on ebay is a set of bags

(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4634482283&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT)

that appear to be the right setup (room for left swept up exhaust) for my bike. The part numbers are not an exact match.

Can someone give me a feel for the chances that these bags will fit? I have the impression that bags are bags but may be wrong. Also, I can't see how these bags would attach to my bracket.

Tks,

Bob

Bob, the bags just hook over the rail at the top, the latch grips the underside of the rail. the lower front edge of the bags has a slot which engages on a tab at the rear of the footrest plate.

Don't know about the bags though.

Andy

Can't say for sure, but I have a 99R1100RT and those bags "look" exactly the same as mine down to the reflector and badge. I don't know of RT's changing their mounting, and as long as you have the factory mounting I would say they will work.

136.png You need part 1 and 2 as well as the bottom Rubber cleat (not shown)

Part number:

02 SYSTEM CASE LEFT WITHOUT CYLINDER 32L 1 46542317611

02 SYSTEM CASE RIGHT WITHOUT CYLINDER 31L 1 46547660300

63.png

DavidEBSmith

Those are the bags for an R1100R, not an R1100RT. You have an RT, right? You don't need the cutout for the exhaust pipe that these bags have, the RT exhaust pipe runs below the bag. (Unless you have some weird custom pipe unlike anything anybody's ever seen). These bags would (probably) fit the RT, but why give up half the storage space in the left bag if you don't have to?

Archived