IGNORED

FirstGear Mesh-Tex 2 vs. 3

blackyam

I've got the Mesh-Tex 2 and I'm happy with it. I looked at the M-T 3 and don't see much difference bewtween the two except for styling and the extra zipped pocket inside the M-T 3 jacket. Both appear to have padding in the same places. Since it's only $10 more for the newer version, I'd probably go for the M-T 3. FWIW. smile.gif

I was at my local shop this weekend and looked at two First Gear mesh jackets. According to the sales guy, the new jacket has larger spaces in the mesh material, CE Armor (as opposed to padding), pocket in flap panel, and changes in velcro adjustments for the sleeves.

The FG MeshTex 3 has their "evolution CE" armor, a semi rigid turtle shell type. Slight change in styling otherwise similar.

Last week I bought a 2 for my wife and a 3 for myself. The 3s are so new that they don't have women’s sizes yet. The amour on the 3 is superior to the 2 and the liner on the 3 is a bit nicer. Personally, I would go for the 3. With that said, both are excellent mesh jackets. Rode last Sunday in 90 degree temps her in Florida and stayed very comfortable.

Gail

Archived