IGNORED

How come I can't always edit my posts?

Miguel!

Sometime the Edit button shows at the bottom of the post and sometimes not. And I never log out of the site. For example, I can edit this post but none of my others. I'm confused and looking for clarification/help. Thanks!!

Miguel

You may want to log out, then log back in.  I think after a certain time, the possibility to edit disappears, but do not quote me on that.  You may want to post this question HERE for better ideas.

I tried logging out and back in. I still can't edit older posts tho this one is still editable, 11 hours later. 

WBW6COS: thanks. I'll post this question in the site support forum. I didn't know that existed. 

Happy NY!

Miguel

It could be that the settings are different for different forums. This is ultimately up to Whip, who holds the title to this place. I will note that it's sometimes a pain not to be able to edit a clear mistake, but we try to help out when we can. Generally speaking, we don't edit posts after the edit time expires. A couple reasons: (1) it can take up a bunch of time, and we're all volunteers; and (2) it sometimes occurs in reference to regrets over the response that a post has elicited, and changing or deleting it can be unfair to those who subsequently contribute. Probably other reasons as well, but the good news is that you can generally fix stuff if you peruse it shortly after posting.

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

It could be that the settings are different for different forums. This is ultimately up to Whip, who holds the title to this place. I will note that it's sometimes a pain not to be able to edit a clear mistake, but we try to help out when we can. Generally speaking, we don't edit posts after the edit time expires. A couple reasons: (1) it can take up a bunch of time, and we're all volunteers; and (2) it sometimes occurs in reference to regrets over the response that a post has elicited, and changing or deleting it can be unfair to those who subsequently contribute. Probably other reasons as well, but the good news is that you can generally fix stuff if you peruse it shortly after posting.

Thanks Mike. It appears there is a time-out window associated with the edit button. I didn't expect that. Miguel

50 minutes ago, Miguel! said:

Thanks Mike. It appears there is a time-out window associated with the edit button. I didn't expect that. Miguel

25D67530-EB9E-488F-8305-139F8990391C.jpeg