IGNORED

First self service

Dev

Okay,

Got a price for a kit (filters, plugs, and oil)

1) Should I need to replace the plugs yet?

2) Will...

blush.gif

Oh,

Just found rhe Official-Unofficial Tech Daze manual.

Cheers Joe Fricken' Friday. smile.gif

Wish me luck!

Dev.

Okay,

2) Will...

blush.gif

Oh,

Wish me luck!

Dev.

You'll have no problems! For the Throttle Body Synchronisation almost any carb balancer will do the job. I am however, a bit on the tight side, so made myself a "water manometer" (do a search) only I use Shell 2-stroke oil instead of water as it is easier to see and damps the guage better.

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

Okay,

2) Will...

blush.gif

Oh,

Wish me luck!

Dev.

You'll have no problems! For the Throttle Body Synchronisation almost any carb balancer will do the job. I am however, a bit on the tight side, so made myself a "water manometer" (do a search) only I use Shell 2-stroke oil instead of water as it is easier to see and damps the guage better.

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

Good advice regarding the homemade manometer......this will provide a very accurate TB sync...

As for plugs, I would run them for at least 10K miles before replacement......they just don't need it early in your engine's life......BTW, I use Autolite 3923s for my boxer. Better starting, slight fuel mileage improvement and they're $0.99 each.

What oil did you buy?

Stan Walker

BTW, I use Autolite 3923s for my boxer

Oh no, an un-authorized modification to your bike??????? You are going to kill yourself doing that...... smile.gif

Stan

who couldn't resist......

Unauthorized? By who.

I got permission from BMW Berlin.......but, YOU must still run those NGK high-dollar ones.....sorry smart guy.

On an 04 Dual Spark RT, using spark plugs other than stock is really not necessary. I do not even think that the bottom plugs have an equivalent that is cheaper than what BMW supplies. Typical life from these plugs is 25k +

Archived