IGNORED

Making sawdust.

Bud

There are a lot of talented members here who have a wide range of hobbies.

I enjoy making sawdust. Recently I've had a lot of orders for wood carving boards from a bunch of guys that smoke meat.

Here is one example.20190715_115340.thumb.jpg.e29bc6a012cc152fe2afe4cc1e779d5d.jpg

I've also made a bunch of cheese boards, coasters, hand mirrors, custom signs and a few one offs.

Keeps me out of the tavern.

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Bud said:

There are a lot of talented members here who have a wide range of hobbies.

I enjoy making sawdust. Recently I've had a lot of orders for wood carving boards from a bunch of guys that smoke meat.

Here is one example.20190715_115340.thumb.jpg.e29bc6a012cc152fe2afe4cc1e779d5d.jpg

I've also made a bunch of cheese boards, coasters, hand mirrors, custom signs and a few one offs.

Keeps me out of the tavern.

Very nice.  Are you using a laser to do the graphics and text?  Handheld router for the groove or something fancier like a cnc?

• Like 1

CNC

Have a 24 X 24 machine with a Bosch router. V-Carve Pro design software, Mach 3 control software. Using an ancient PC to run the machine.

2 hours ago, Bud said:

CNC

Have a 24 X 24 machine with a Bosch router. V-Carve Pro design software, Mach 3 control software. Using an ancient PC to run the machine.

I recently purchased a 25 x 50 cnc router with V-Carve Pro. Steep on the learning curve but really excited about its potential.

Yes, learning curve is very steep. But at some point it kind of "clicks" and stuff seems to make more sense. The more you use it, the easier it gets.

Congrats on the new machine. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.:wave: