IGNORED

Oscilating Head Lights

Yellow_Pelican

Yellow_Pelican

I asked my BMW dealer if they carried the oscilating replacement head light for my GT. He said they don't carry them any more and alot of the police officers are not useing them any more. He couldn't give me any reason why. Does any one have pro's or con's as to useing the these head lights.

I asked my BMW dealer if they carried the oscilating replacement head light for my GT. He said they don't carry them any more and alot of the police officers are not useing them any more. He couldn't give me any reason why. Does any one have pro's or con's as to useing the these head lights.

Methinks you mean "modulating" headlights. Some people claim that they "annoy" other drivers...of course, if they actually SEE you that is prolly a good thing... thumbsup.gif

I had a Kissan Tech headlight modulator on my K100LT. I liked having in on two lane highways, but commuting in Atlanta drove other motorists crazy. I even had motorists pull over thinking I was an emergency vehicle many times. I finally got tired of it and disconnected it. I'd still have it if there was some way to turn it off and on during daylight hours.

There are several ways of disabling a Kisan PathBlazer

You can simply switch to low beams instead of high beams

You can cover the low-light sensor(with tape or some other opaque substance), simulating nighttime riding.

Others have installed a switch in the light sensor line.

Why would you disconnect something that visible and hence effective? If their first impression is that you a the police you have their attention and they are on their best behavior.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

you have their attention and they are on their best behavior.

Yeah, and they go real slow in the fast lane. crazy.gif

Why would you disconnect something that visible and hence effective? If their first impression is that you a the police you have their attention and they are on their best behavior.
Unless of course it is the Police or the annoyed driver calls the police and you get busted. But then perhaps modulating headlights on non-emergency vehicles is legal in the USA. I can tell you it isn't legal in Oz.
DavidEBSmith

Unless of course it is the Police or the annoyed driver calls the police and you get busted. But then perhaps modulating headlights on non-emergency vehicles is legal in the USA.

By U.S. federal law they are legal on motorcycles, and no state can make them illegal. See here.

Unless of course it is the Police or the annoyed driver calls the police and you get busted. But then perhaps modulating headlights on non-emergency vehicles is legal in the USA.

By U.S. federal law they are legal on motorcycles, and no state can make them illegal. See here.

Like I said, unless it is legal in the USA.

With all the cars that now have lights on all the time it is hard to tell what is a car and what is a motorcycle when there is alot of traffic. I have notice for me that when you meet a motorcycle with the modulator you cannot tell it is flashing until it is right on you. Our roads here are soo bad that all the lights seam to be flashing.

Don

There are several ways of disabling a Kisan PathBlazer

You can simply switch to low beams instead of high beams

You can cover the low-light sensor(with tape or some other opaque substance), simulating nighttime riding.

Others have installed a switch in the light sensor line.

I did switch to low beam and also devised a cover for the light sensor. However, adding a swith to the sensor line was going to far in my opinion.

Unfortunately, most of the attention I received was from cars in front of me. More times than not, the cars on "their best behavior" caused traffic flow problems and did more harm than good. Instead of worrying about someone turning in front of me, I found myself trying to avoid cars rear ending me while the car in front of me was slowing down to a crawl looking for a place to pull over.

Personally, I can't stand them, and I ride... It makes the bike conspicuous in an irritating way to the rest of the world..

RonStewart

CraCol has stated my position perfectly. I hate encountering a bike with the stupid thing whether I am riding or driving.

Archived