IGNORED

New 2020 V-Strom 1000 at Eicma

TEWKS

Looks good, also looks a little familiar. The first gen 800 GS maybe?  :dontknow: Should be some cool new stuff to see tomorrow, can't wait! :5210:

This is creating more excitement than I expected. This is the bike my clutch basket business is based on. Suzuki has completely redone the cylinder heads, intake system to allow ride by wire operation. Which now allows real cruise control. 107 HP and still has a really nice torque curve. Fairly light. While it seems this isn't going to compare to other adventure bikes, the fact is that it is possibly as good as ANY on the street and ok offroad on anything that is still....a road or good path. This 90 degree v twin is very smooth. Much smoother than the Super Tenere or Africa Twin parallel twins. With the cruise control this could be a very, very good long distance bike for those with a price limit. I had an early version, still have the DL 650 version. Hard to be the sound of these after hearing the BMW flat twin and the parallel twins!

• Like 1

Sometimes, I wish I hadn't sipped the champagne called BMW :grin: because I bet I could be quite happy on a bike like this! :thumbsup:

I may have one before it is over. Bought the 2012 DL 650 because they were a more refined bike than the DL 1000 at the time. But the newer bikes are now much better. I miss the power of the 1000. The 650 gets duty behind the RV and of course some dirt and gravel excursions. This new DL 1050 would be a capable long distance bike that also would be happy on dirt and gravel but also be an absolute blast in curves. Better than many bikes in this class. But honestly its biggest attraction is price. These will be selling new for around $10K in a few months. I simply won't pay for a GS and beat the crap out of it. I wouldn't think twice about that on this bike!

Of course the RT is still the one that will get most of the miles!