IGNORED

I love it when she's up close to me

MachineJoe

I love having my S/O up against me while we ride short afternoon rides but she is starting to ask about the Corbin seat that I have on the RT. The Corbin has a curve that goes upward at the rear of the pillion seat and thats what keeps her forward in her saddle. I think the factory seat is straight and she has mentioned that having a seat like that would allow her to move backward giving her a slightly different position.

I love the look of this Corbin and wondered if anybody has had any success with shaving the curve out of the seat or will Corbin do that?

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Post when you figure it out. I just got a used Corbin and my wife very much does not like the forced forward lean. She much prefers the stock seat shape. I wonder if there is a way to put a stock rear on a Corbin front? The aligning tabs are different though.

Just for a little extra info. I have fitted lambs wool covers to my standard RT seats as well as to the top box back rest. My wife loves the setup and I find the lambs wool also stops my the forward slide on the standard front seat.

if anybody has had any success with shaving the curve out of the seat or will Corbin do that?

Well "success" is probably too strong of a word. We had the exact same problem on our RT, and sent the seat back twice. They were able to get it better, but never completely eliminated the rear edge you refer to. Which also drove Donna crazy.

Now the Corbin our our R1200GS is perfect! Even slopes rearward slightly, which Donna loves.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
I have used the Corbin on the front and the stock seat on the rear with great success. We had the same problem
Yes, but how were you able to get the two to mate?

Ken- Trust me when I tell you that personally delivering the seat to Corbin yields about the same result as you described.

I have one in there now...

Since the drivers seat has the hardware built in for a backrest, there is only so much shaving they will do in the name of structural integrity.....

News at 11.......

Steve, Maybe get them a room and some wine then turn off the lights???? wink.gif

On a more serious note I think I'll try to get an OEM seat and modify it so it fits. That should be less expensive than Kens approach of buying a new GS grin.gif

Thanks guys thumbsup.gif it's greatly appreciated.

In my case, I had 3/8 in. worth of shims under the front seat mechanism to raise the nose of the saddle. That may have been enough to change the angle of the Corbin for the stock to fit. I never really thought about it, cause it just worked when I tried it.

Steve, Here is a pic of a seat I bought last year. It's stripped down so I could strap my golf clubs onto the RT.

I couldn't figure out what was going on under the seat with the tabs so I took a 1/2" piece of aluminum and some gasket sealer, mounted the seat on the bike and let it set up. The next morning I unlocked the seat from the bike and you see what I wound up with. It held well enough for me in the last year that I didn't have the need to change my prototype setup. Hope this gives you some ideas thumbsup.gif

674762-DSC01843(Small).JPG.04b9b76ebe91ae7b0a0c755cf35fbd14.JPG

Just to add to my previous post, the Corbin seat is in the middle position. The stock passenger seat does not fit with it in the highest position. I just tried it.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Just to add to my previous post, the Corbin seat is in the middle position. The stock passenger seat does not fit with it in the highest position. I just tried it.
Maybe that's my problem. I'll have to give that a try when I return home in a few weeks.

Archived