IGNORED

Straight up inspiration!!!!

Rougarou

Been going to a boot camp style gym for about six years now and I'm pretty sure, I couldn't do that!  :facepalm: Yes Grammy, of course you make the best chocolate chip cookies in the world! :eek: :grin:

I read about this guy some years ago.  A centenarian marathoner that didn't get "serious" about running until the age of 89!!!!!  Where I lived a few years ago, on my way to work in the morning, I'd see this guy, had to be in his 80's, pounding pavement as best he could.  I really hope to be able to keep being active in the upper ages.  These folks show to me that age is nothing more than a number.  All these aches and pains that "some" complain about would likely fade away if physical activity were inserted into a daily routine.  Folks need to quite looking for excuses of why they can't and find the reasons why they can!!

Some of my debbie-downer people I know, 10-15 years older than me have said, "Richard, wait until you hit your 40's,......things will change", then I hear, "Richard, wait until you hit your 50's, things will change", nah, not by much.  I hate doing the necessary evil of running, but I do it lest I get winded walking up stairs.   I'm not a Jack Lalane, but I do physically exert myself near daily.

My sweaty spot. Now that didn’t come out as planned. :grin: 45 minutes of fast paced activities 4 or 5 times a week. The girl that owns the place is a local HS & college sports star. I’ve come to the realization that at 55, I’m just slowing the aging process. I’m never going to be the 20 Y/0 kid I was hoping for IYKWIM.

469F47D6-7909-4CC9-9CE8-81209D6EE4ED.jpeg

• Like 1

Very glad I've been going to the gym. I didn't completely embarrass the little one at her parent vs soccer team game yesterday. :) I may have even slightly impressed her for a minute or two. :classic_rolleyes:

image.jpeg

• Like 1

During active duty days in the grunts,......we'd play that little game,.....but it was full contact soccer with flack jacket and helmets,......woohoo, the fun-ol-days.

• Like 1