IGNORED

Parts Discount???

bulletbill

Does any dealer do discounts? Chicago used to 20%, But they have been gone for a long time, then Bentonville helped a little and but they are going gone. Any body got a suggestion? I love my BMW but retail price on parts is, well you know.

Corazon de Pollo

Do you think BMW is bad? The rubber band underneath my Honda’s saddle ( used to hold the bike papers) was €15, and that’s with a little dealer discount. It is a part that has been the same for twenty years, maybe more. And it’s just that: a big rubber band. :rofl:

On 10/10/2019 at 1:42 PM, bulletbill said:

Does any dealer do discounts? Chicago used to 20%, But they have been gone for a long time, then Bentonville helped a little and but they are going gone. Any body got a suggestion? I love my BMW but retail price on parts is, well you know.

Retail price on parts is, well you know, what pays Workmans Comp, Insurance, Taxes, Benefits for employees, the power bill, free coffee for customers so that you can have a local dealer. 

As a former employee in all types of automotive and commercial dealerships, I suggest you spend some time in their store and some money. Get to know the people.

TRI750 is right: that's what pays the bills, but there's usually room for a good customer to receive a discount.  You don't earn a discount just because you ask for one.

Another point: do your homework about your purchase. Know what you want and make it easy for the counter person to help you.

Going back to my first point, ask questions, get opinions and LISTEN.

9 hours ago, Jerry Duke said:

Since I don't drink their coffee or sit in their customer waiting area why shouldn't I get a discount?

😀

Evening Jerry

It doesn't matter about what you use or don't use from the dealer. BMW sets the minimum price on over the counter  parts so the dealer has to comply with that or face the wrath of BMW . The dealer can charge more than the BMW required  minimum (you can see that in the price differences from dealers selling online) but they can't (not supposed to anyhow) go below the BMW set price. 

I'm sure some dealers have found work-arounds for valued customers but they sure won't advertise it to the public.

Some dealers like Max offer free shipping but they seem to run a bit higher on the price of most parts.  

So shop around online (online selling BMW dealers) for the lowest price, then if you go to your local dealer take that price with you as some local dealers can & will meet that price if it is not lower than BMW suggested. 

Gosh didn't mean to start a firestorm, I'm just a old guy and the new price levels always seem high. I have good relationship with most dealer. I have known Denise at Bentonville since the 70's when I sold her Luthmaster stuff. I have been involved in the trade on a wholesale level, as a shop owner, road rep various distributers, riding BMW for almost 40 years, etc. I don't expect any thing from dealers, but my fixed income has a hard time keeping up. And on top of all that my friends call me cheap. Just trying to stay in the game. I appreciate all your comments and help from all the forums, keep up the good work!