IGNORED

Did I secure the motorcycle correctly?

eddd

No, in my opinion. Looks like the bike is secured while resting on the side stand-should not be. Bike should be upright, with front wheel preferably in a chock or pressed against a block or wall. Straps from the frame going forward from the forks and backwards from rear subframe applying pressure on the suspension so that the bike stays upright and doesn’t bounce or rock back and forth.

• Like 1

If the trip was completed and the bike did not fall off or have damage, yes, it was secured correctly no matter how unconventional it looks. 

Would I have done it that way, nah,.....not at all, but I also use cups on the grips as a primary hooking point on the front end, which to many here are a no-no. 

• Like 1

You forgot to strap down the tank and the windshield which obviously fell off the trailer. Fortunately you did get a couple of straps to the top case rack, which is the strongest point in the LT. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

That bike's got some battle damage.  I'm guessing some of those straps (e.g. the one over the topcase) are there to hold down parts that might otherwise fall off while moving down the highway.