IGNORED

Valentine one going crazy.

Tucker2930

I mounted my Sirius radio on my R1200Rt today and anytime the radio is on my V1 is showing one radar behind me. Turn off the radio all is good. Anyone had this problem?

John Ranalletta

Get used to it. Valentine says TADT. Mine alarms when too close to the XM antenna; when my Garmin SPIII boots up or when I try to dim the backlight on the SPIII. It's aggravating as hell. On the bike, the XM antenna has to be located on the back of the bike.

Probably a poorly shielded local oscillator or IF in the satellite radio receiver is being picked up by the V1. Not likely much you can do but move the Sirius unit to another location or try a different model satellite receiver.

ShovelStrokeEd

Mine does no such thing and my XM antenna is about 2" in front of and to the left of my V1.

It is more likely something in the receiver causing the problem. Harmonics in the gigahertz range from one of the internal amplifiers. Try moving the receiver to a different location.

John Ranalletta

How I wish that were the case, but it is not. THe V1 sits about 12" in front of the XM receiver, but if the antenna is placed on the front of the bike, it "pulses" the V1; so, I velcro it to one of the side cases. Same in the car. It cannot be near the dash with the V1.

I called Valentine and sent a video of the problem and their response was "move the antenna". Same with the SPIII, but, man is it a problem to have the GPS in the rear window. grin.gif

Bought another car kit today. Tried the antenna that came with it and the problem is now gone. Go figure same antennas. Got lucky thought I was going to have to mount the antenna somewhere on the rear.

ShovelStrokeEd

The antenna does have some amplifying and possibly some frequency conversion circuitry inside. Probably just a bad ant. As I said, mine sits about 2" away from the front of my V1 and never a problem.

Now if I could just eliminate the false laser signal generated by some GM brake lights, I would be happy.

Archived