IGNORED

Riding Apparel:

Skywagon

Greetings.  I retired in April...no more heavy client dinners, no more hotel food, no more eating when you can whatever is available.  We've been eating sensibly since April and I've lost 45lbs now down to my college weight.  As such my riding clothes are monstrously too big except my boots and gloves.

I need to retool the clothes.  I like to try things on but sometimes will buy on-line without it.  Where do you buy...on-line - brick and mortar, other?  Favorite sites and brands?  What I'm looking for....  Separate jacket and pants, high vis preferable, for now through about March weather in Texas. I can no longer belt it up tight enough to keep the gear on.  I don't need heavy gear as not that cold here and when it is I wear electrics.  Normally wear BMW mesh jacket.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Currently, everything I wear (except helmets) I got from Shopgoodwill.com.  Aerostich full suit, Rev'it Jacket (NWT), Cortech Jacket (NWT), Dainese boots (wasn't advertised as new, but I'd bet a paycheck they were), tourmaster boots, Joe Rocket boots, Alpinestars boots, Tourmaster pants and Dainese pants.  I've got some gloves too.  Just have to be patient for the good stuff.

Of late I’ve been doing a lot of shopping at Revzilla. Prices are comparable to elsewhere, occasionally cheaper, and they have a rewards program that works. Most of my purchases of apparel are FirstGear. The quality is high, and, importantly for someone with apelike arms, their tall sizes always fit me well. I do have a number of Riderwearhouse/Aerostich pieces as well, and I don’t think you can beat their overall quality. Plus, just about every imaginable alteration is available.

I’d buy more from local retailers, but their selection is either very limited and/or comprised of cheaper brands. 

Motorcyclegear.com(formerly NewEnough.com) is a great source for gear with good reviews and great sizing info.

They often have good deals on well known brand name gear that is new,but a season or two old and thus heavily discounted.

I have bought a number of items from them over the years,most recently a Klim Apex Air jacket for less than 1/2 of original retail.

They sell current gear as well.

Second the above recommendation for Revzilla,nice reviews and sizing info.Just not the same without Anthony's reviews and when they merged with Cycle Gear.

JR356

Congrats on the retirement...and the weight loss!  

Lately, I've also been using Revzilla for my gear needs.  Good selection and good customer service.

• Like 1

Revzilla's been great. I research what, specifically, I want (like my Klim Latitude jacket). Once I settle on that, I order two and return the one I don't want. My local shop is very good but in the end it's a one-way trap door. Once they order something it's yours. I called them once and asked about whether they mind this practice. He said that barring cases like Hollywood wardrobe and prop department buying 90-100 pairs of gloves and then returning them (this he said really happens all the time) they don't mind it.

I didn't know what I wanted so I bought 4 jackets, two Kilimanjaros and two Klims in adjacent sizes, kept the one I liked, and returned the rest. Easy-peasy. 

Alternate suggestion: Mrs Szurszewski is a professional baker; I can just put you on the sample committee and send you boxes of goodies until your current gear fits again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:08 PM, Skywagon said:

Greetings.  I retired in April...no more heavy client dinners, no more hotel food, no more eating when you can whatever is available.  We've been eating sensibly since April and I've lost 45lbs now down to my college weight.  As such my riding clothes are monstrously too big except my boots and gloves.

I need to retool the clothes.  I like to try things on but sometimes will buy on-line without it.  Where do you buy...on-line - brick and mortar, other?  Favorite sites and brands?  What I'm looking for....  Separate jacket and pants, high vis preferable, for now through about March weather in Texas. I can no longer belt it up tight enough to keep the gear on.  I don't need heavy gear as not that cold here and when it is I wear electrics.  Normally wear BMW mesh jacket.

Thanks in advance.

Evening  Skywagon   

I am also a big fan of Revzilla, usually free shipping & you get Zilla bucks for your next purchase.

If you sniff around in the product areas that you are looking to buy then Revzilla will sometimes have little videos on how to properly size, or on some things they will have little videos on product  features or usage. (not as good as trying things on but sometimes it helps). 

They also have numerous customer ratings & feedback on the product so you can  get some ideas from that feedback. (Long ago I  bought a helmet from Revzilla, customer feedback said the sizing ran to the small side, I didn't listen & bought my size anyhow, guess what, it was too small! so I had to return it for a larger size)

• 1 month later...

Update....I ordered Revit Factor 4 pants from RevZilla.  They looked like just the ticket from our frigid 50 degree winters here in S. Texas :)  I ordered 2 sizes...36 R and 36 Short.  They came quickly and they didn't fit at all.  I wear 36 pants, jeans, etc and the wife is always fussing they are too big.  The Revit pants were too small in the waste and the legs were very tight.  I phoned RevZilla and they couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.  We agreed to send these back and go to the next size up.  They came today and other than being longer, they fit the same...waste and legs too tight.  That was without jeans - just a pair of summer shorts. There is no way they would serve as overpants...and I don't think they are designed for overpants anyway. Back they went and as normal RevZilla quickly responded for the return and couldn't be nicer to work with.  

The pants looked great.  They looked well constructed and I wish they had been the answer, but unfortunately weren't.  If you are going to buy these pants just keep in mind they are cut for skinny folks.  I think they are great other than fit. I'm 6 feet 180lbs...not thin, but not fat.  Back to the drawing board.  It's only 81 degrees here today and will be chilling down to 65 soon.  Where's my electric gear :)