IGNORED

Torque

gordiet

I just ordered a 2020 R1250RS and it’s interesting that it has the same torque as my K1600GT. Should be a fun ride with 136 HP and that kind of twist.

GT

6 hours ago, duckbubbles said:

But the RS will weigh over 200 lbs less than the K16.

Frank

Very true, but I’m keeping the beast because it is really fun to ride and makes a great noise! Two in the garage is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 5:21 PM, gordiet said:

I just ordered a 2020 R1250RS and it’s interesting that it has the same torque as my K1600GT. Should be a fun ride with 136 HP and that kind of twist.

GT

No it doesn't. The 1600 is 130ft/lbs at the motor, the 1250 is 105 I think. 

Like Ponch said.

In terms of power to weight though it's a close run thing. Without the rider the R1250 wins at 0.588Nm/kg vs 0.524Nm/kg for the 1600. However, when you then add the rider and passenger, the ratio starts to shift. None the less, the figures are impressive.

16 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

How about a drag race to sort things out?

:lurk:

I'm game if we go for 1/2 mile and you add about 100 lbs to the rear seat to make up for my portly stature!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

How about a drag race to sort things out?

:lurk:

I'm game if we go for 1/2 mile and you add about 100 lbs to the rear seat to make up for my portly stature!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 8:21 PM, gordiet said:

GT

You'll love it. I just had the 600 mile break-in service on my 2020 R1250RS today. It's an absolute hoot of a ride and the bestest motorcycle I've owned. Just wish it had a powerlet up front in addition to the one under the seat. And a heated seat woulda been nice on this mornings 26º ride to the dealership.

Mike

3T7A3007.jpeg

3T7A3008.jpeg

3T7A3013.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Oh, hell yeah! I just bought a '20 RS also. Only 58 miles on it, January/snow, but it seems to be the bike I have wanted since I saw a R100RS in 1977. Traded my '17 KTM Super Duke GT, itself an awesome ride. First BMW, this boxer motor is way different than anything I've ever ridden. Seems RTs outsell RS by about 10 to 1.

In late 2020 I am ready to move on from my 2015 S1000r.  great bike and has been a lot of fun.  but by Dec 2020 it will be 6 years old (2/2015 build date)  The RS is one bike I have been looking at, along with the KTM 1290GT.  But once your add top and side bags, the suspension on the RS seems to be maxed out around 200 - 210 for the rider.  Rear suspension is easy enough to upgrade however the front forks are limited in their ability to handle heavier riders.  At least that is what my research has shown.

Randy, if you have not ridden a KTM SD1290GT, you will be impressed. The engine performance is beyond wow. About the same torque as the RS, but way more (45?) horsepower. It's a bit taller and the side bags are kind of small. Power really doesn't happen until 4,000 rpm but beyond that, it's afterburners. I traded mine because the RS will be quick enough and I've always wanted a BMW.

On 10/5/2019 at 5:06 PM, gordiet said:

It seems I didn’t read it right. My K1600 has more torque than the RS I have on order.oh well, 

I can can wheelie my 1250RT all the way through third gear... Your new RS weighs less than my RT. You will love the torque :)

3 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I can can wheelie my 1250RT all the way through third gear... Your new RS weighs less than my RT. You will love the torque :)

Yes, it is a great motor. Surprisingly quick.