IGNORED

Motoport Air Mesh Kevlar Overpants Functional and Durability Report - Moto Mouth Moshe Episode #7

moshe_levy

I have had my motoport mesh kevlar for over four years.  No apparent wear and no stitches coming out of mine either.  I have fallen stationary (yahhh.... ) fully loaded bike, at least four times with my gear on.  No apparent wear to my gear.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Recently I was with a riding buddy that lives in Colorado, I'm in Texas.  We get to ride together on small group rides, this last one was Barber for the 15th Barber Festival.  He looked at my Motoport Kevlar Air Mesh and said new suit?  Nope I've had it for years, remember the BMW really in Billing?  Great gear!  

I was behind a guy that has a get off in a corner, his GS was totaled.  The Air Mesh had ZERO damage, looked band new and luck for him unhurt.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
Milkasingh003

*** Original post removed by staff.

The original post contained a link that had nothing to do with the thread.

Edited by eddd
Explained above
RandyShields
3 hours ago, Milkasingh003 said:

*** Original post removed by staff.

The original post contained a link that had nothing to do with the thread.

Good.  Appreciate the jobs you moderators do to keep us protected from spam on our site.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

my pants are now 17 years old, going strong, just wash them twice a year ( I do not ride street much anymore, mostly track and dual sport) If you take care of them they will last a lifetime.  Well maybe not Bernie lifetime :-) but any normal rider lifetime

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Great review, you said that the pants had a lining that could be worn on the skin. Is the hole pant lined or just the leg ? Can the pants be worn without jeans underneath ?

I'm thinking of riding in hot weather.  Does the armor breath at all, it looks solid. Thanks

moshe_levy
4 minutes ago, joeb said:

Great review, you said that the pants had a lining that could be worn on the skin. Is the hole pant lined or just the leg ? Can the pants be worn without jeans underneath ?

I'm thinking of riding in hot weather.  Does the armor breath at all, it looks solid. Thanks

I've worn shorts or underwear underneath with no problem. The lining is comfy. The armor is substantial, and though perforated the drawback is more heat retention. But as I say when asked - "I'd rather sweat than bleed!"

-MKL

szurszewski

I wear mine with either regular shorts or just riding shorts/underwear - perfectly comfortable - pretty much all summer. The rest of the year I wear whatever pants I have on under them - also comfortable. 

As Moshe says, the armor is perforated but it’s not like wearing the mesh pants of other less expensive brands - the motoport stuff flows way less air, and if you’re on an RT or other fully faired bike you won’t really feel much air movement over your legs. 

realshelby

My Motoport kevlar mesh is the only gear I feel completely confident when wearing only riding shorts and a compression shirt under the gear. Supposedly you just don't have to worry about abrasion wearing through the fabric. Yes, it has less airflow mainly due to the very high amount of armor coverage. But you still get air movement and it is much better than wearing a Stich or that type of gear in hot weather. 

• 7 months later...

completely love my moto port gear- added the suspenders to the pants cuz I hate having my pants feel like they have "slide down" while mounting and riding.

And for me - with 36 inseam and 34 waist.....there was never an "off the rack" pant that was long enough.  And the arm length was always to short - love the custom made to fit me when I'm riding - I don't care about walking!

Lake Louise north of Banff, BC.

Rich

749FF2C3-83E0-46A5-8BF0-734342737C98.thumb.jpeg.aaeb99a162438cf0cbaa25338c2d6af8.jpeg

Rode my bike to that spot few years ago, but I didnt look as stylish as you do. Appreciate your comment. Were your suspenders off the shelf or are they bespoke?

The suspenders  were added with the order from Motoport- wide straps with cross web in back to keep them on your shoulders and not sliding  off. 
top notch!

3 hours ago, sbeec said:

The suspenders  were added with the order from Motoport- wide straps with cross web in back to keep them on your shoulders and not sliding  off. 
top notch!

Thanks 

• 11 months later...

I ride a 2019 RT.  Have you noticed any scratching to the side panels or tank due to the Kevlar mesh?  I have the Motoport Air Mesh jacket and love it and need new riding pants but don't want to scratch up the bike.  Thx   

Hi

It is a course material, but I have Gripster pads on my 2015, so no scratching for me. Without the pads, I can't say, but I'd venture to guess it would be abrasive over time.....

-MKL

capture.jpg

On 1/11/2022 at 3:01 PM, moshe_levy said:

Hi

It is a course material, but I have Gripster pads on my 2015, so no scratching for me. Without the pads, I can't say, but I'd venture to guess it would be abrasive over time.....

-MKL

capture.jpg

Thank you for the feedback.  My bike is wrapped in PPF and adding pads like you did might be the safe bet.  

I’ve found that the Kevlar mesh will add some “patina” to paint over time. If you’ve got clear film though you might be ok - I haven’t seen it eat into plastic, but just into clearcoat/paint. 

On 1/14/2022 at 4:25 PM, szurszewski said:

I’ve found that the Kevlar mesh will add some “patina” to paint over time. If you’ve got clear film though you might be ok - I haven’t seen it eat into plastic, but just into clearcoat/paint. 

Your correct in my option szurszewki, I had 3m file from Tankslapper all over my 14R1200RT and it stopped damage to the paint/headlight.  I'm in the process of getting the bike ready to sell so I just removed the film, the bike looks great!  The film was on for almost 8 years, I have 54,000 on the bike.