IGNORED

Helite Turtle Airbag Hi-Viz Vest Review - Moto Mouth Moshe Episode #11

moshe_levy

12 hours ago, Whip said:

@Mike

Is this what saved your son in New York?

Yes. Well, almost. Alex was wearing the updated version, the Turtle 2, which was introduced earlier this year in the USA. As far as I know, the functionality is exactly the same, but they've cleaned up the styling a bit.

For those who may be unfamiliar with what happened, my son was number 2 in a three-rider group in the Adirondacks. Making a right turn into a business on a rural road, the #3 rider, on a big-ass Harley, failed to see him signaling and slowing for the turn, and rear-ended Alex at about 40 miles an hour. Alex was thrown forward from his bike and did a face and chest plant on the pavement ahead of his bike. He was completely uninjured. The helmet, vest, and his Klim pants were abraded, and his gloves took a beating, but he didn't have a scratch.

Not a scratch. His KTM was totaled.

It's hard to know exactly how bad it might have been without protective gear. Possibly fatal. Certainly, he would have suffered significant injuries. My belief is that the Helite played a huge role, inflating and creating a cushion around his chest and entire torso, as well as a cervical collar that locked his helmet into place when the vest inflated.  I can't emphasize enough what a difference it made.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2