IGNORED

What Exactly Do I Need?

kinchy

Have a spare rear tire for the RT. Would like to mount it (on a used stock wheel)and keep it around just in case. In order to make a tire change as painless as possible should I find a wheel with the brake disk and ABS ring included?

Thanks

New, no. On the used market, who knows?

But you are correct in that on the R1150, unlike the R1100 and the R1200, the brake disk stays with the wheel upon removal.

Not sure what your ? is. What else could you need besides an appropirately sizes tire mounted and balanced on the right sized rim? What am I missing?

russell_bynum
Not sure what your ? is. What else could you need besides an appropirately sizes tire mounted and balanced on the right sized rim? What am I missing?

He has an 1150, which has the brake rotor attached to the wheel, unlike our 1100's which do not.

So, I think he's asking what he needs other than the wheel. (Rotor, ABS ring, etc)

Sorry for the confusion. I "assumed" I would mount the tire to a used 1150 wheel and all would be well. The dealer says you need the disc and ABS ring. I'm only trying to verify that.

Wayne

Archived