IGNORED

2002 R1150RT Clock Acting Up

granpita

What would cause my clock to apparently reset itself to 00:00 when it's been sitting over a few days? Battery is fine and the bike starts right up - temp, fuel and gear indicator seem OK. I'm not sure exactly when it happens but the last couple of times out, it will be 00:15 or somesuch coinciding with my ride time when I first notice it. Thank you

Paul Mihalka

The clock resetting to zero is typical of getting a momentary low voltage when you start the motor. I would think your battery or it's connections are not fine.

Had the same problem just before the battery went kaput.

Starting amperage was enough draw to bring the voltage temporarily below the clock chip's necessary voltage.

May be time to consider a battery replacement on a rainy day.

The clock resetting to zero is typical of getting a momentary low voltage when you start the motor. I would think your battery or it's connections are not fine.

Paul is correct. I would remove and thoroughly service the battery. Clean it and fill it to the marks with DI water. Then charge it...for about 3-4 hours at about 1 A/hr rate. Then install it making sure the connections are clean and snug.

Finally before starting the bike for the first time, connect a VOM and observe voltage as you spin the starter. Voltage under load should not go below 11 VDC.

Archived