IGNORED

2004 1150 rt

percy1010

well said --there are many on the market --I am planning to dyno the bike the power commander will allow tunning in all loads --how is your bike this motor is fresh 1900 miles -dual spark found on e-bay --as long as we are gentle on the wrist on starts --the clutch will stay with it ---tell me about your ---bike that is ---Curtis 

Roger04RT is THE man for background information on these items. He has done more than anyone I have ever come across on an RT forum to research and personally test such devices. He can give real feedback and it is based on true riding comparisons and genuine measurments. This is unlike the claims of the various manufacturers who always proclaim their product to be 'The Best'.

I'll vigorously second what AndyS said above.  I have an AF-XiED on three different bikes and wouldn't have a BMW without one.  It was the biggest and best improvement/mod to the engine I've made (also the least expensive!!) on my '99 R1100S.  It went from being a very cold-natured, ill-tempered, grumpy, PITA to a complete joy to drive.  The transformation was amazing.

From what I've read here and several other forums, the Power Commander is the forerunner (in design and function) to the AF-XiED, plus the AF-XiED is much easier to install on most bikes, some are P&P.  Easy to make adjustments to the A/F, too, with the AF-XiED if you can turn a dial.

Lots of info here on them:  https://sales.nightrider.com/BMW_c_137.html

I understand Sirs---this is a real fresh motor I have and with the power commander install --wide band -O2 -and dyno from idle 2-6500---clean burn thru range --the bike will come alive --no hard starts ---many miles of FUN---I have ridden 3 like this --what a diff--went frm chip 2 B-P --to the others--this P C --w B -O2 and dyno --its a must hold on to --and yes many spark plugs and stick coils at times --manadorty 035 plug gaps --but thx 4 your info --Oh --many back tires due 2 rolling on the gas in 3rd gear ---that is how strong the Germans made these 1150 ---big slugs jumping from side 2 side --LOL--to the Max