IGNORED

Breakfast in Italy

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

Unlike American or English breakfast where people often eat more stuff than we do at dinner, Italian breakfast is mostly flimsy.... Getting on in years, ours most certainly is. I usually have a coffee and a bowl of Cornflakes, if at all. 

But..... just because it breaks up our boring retirement days, we often go out and have a coffee and a croissant at any of our favorite bars.... 

Today we decided to - at long last - get the bike, after it was (hopefully) repaired and would no longer switch off at full speed!! 

Our little tour took us through Marsciano and along the crest of the hills towards San  Martino in Colle  where there's a bar pouring Illy coffee, one of Nina's favorite brands. 

When we wanted to mount back up, I hit my left mirror with my elbow, and it went limp. Weird!!!! Even weirder is the counter-rotating system to screw it on. I could not get it fixed in any sensible position anymore. Drats. Will get my tools and a bunch of patience this afternoon and try and get it fixed again. 

The good news is that at least for this ride it kept running..... Here's to hoping that problem is indeed solved. 

(uploaded from my phone) 

20190828_111826.thumb.jpg.2b781f1b266f44aa997495ac77cc3431.jpg

20190828_124132.jpg

20190828_111943.jpg

20190828_112006.jpg

20190828_112652.jpg

• Like 8

Funny, I'm frightened to death of loosening my GS mirrors! :eek: Seriously, a PITA to get them back in the proper position when this happens. "Breakfast in Italy"  Hey, beats the heck out of breakfast at Tiffany's :grin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...