IGNORED

Replaced battery, and now....

Phins2left

Bike seems to be running rich (well, that's my assessment based on what's coming out of the tailpipe). Seems to me that I saw a post where someone suggested a throttle learn procedure but I couldn't find it searching the archives. can anyone shed some light on my predicament? If the throttle learn procedure is the right thing to do, would someone be kind enough to tell me how to do it? Thanks!

I believe that you turn on the switch without starting the motor, and rotate the throttle from closed to fully open three times.

Once battery voltage is removed from the BMW Motronic, it forgets all previous information regarding the sensors. Therefore, turn on your key, turn on the engine kill switch but, do not start the engine.

Now, turn the throttle from full idle to full open throttle twice or three times (make sure the engine cold start lever is not engaged). Now, you can turn everything off.

You have just entered the zero and slope of the TPS into the Motronic.

Perform this any time you disconnect the battery or replace the Motronic fuse in your electrical system.

Once battery voltage is removed from the BMW Motronic, it forgets all previous information regarding the sensors.

To eliminate the problem in future when changing batteries, it would be an idea to temporarily jumper in a small 12V battery (possibly with a rectifier in series), to the bike's battery harness before removing the main battery. Once the new battery is installeed, the jumpers can be removed again.

Bob.

Archived