IGNORED

Griffin AirClick iPod Remote Questions?

Claudio

I am considering going with the AirClick remote for my iPod setup. I am picking up a new 60Gig unit (5th Generation)

Couldn't find a lot of informatoin on it at the iPod Sites..thought I would try here since I know some members have this accessory.

Q1: Can the iPod be charged/powered while the remote is used?

Q2: Is the remote unit somewhat weather resistant (i.e., light rain)?

Thanks in advance

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I've been looking into the same solution. Here is the info at the Griffin Technology website:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/airclick/index.php

And another alternative is the iJet made by ABT

http://www.abtech2.com/ourProducts.php

http://www.theistore.com/ijetdock.html

I'm thinking of going with the iJet because (1) the buttons look bigger on the remote for use with gloves and (2) it comes in black.

Hopefully those two website links will get you the info you are seeking, or, provide you with an e-mail for support to ask them directly.

I have the AirClick that I use with my 20G iPod. Never exposed it to "light rain" yet but that's probably inevitable. So far, so good. I keep the iPod in my tankbag and have the remote strapped to a caribiner I keep attached to the bag. Works well and yes, the charger works while the airclick is connected. My unit charges from the bottom, the airclick plugs in on top. Hope this helps.

Works well and yes, the charger works while the airclick is connected. My unit charges from the bottom, the airclick plugs in on top. Hope this helps.
The new iPods all charge on the bottom with no plug on the top except for headphones, thus, I believe the AirClick will not allow for charging while plugged in. However, the above-mentioned iJet will (when they're released in May).

I've been using the AirClick for about a month after someone on this board recommended it. Works well for me. Concerning the charging question, the answer is no! The unit plugs into the bottom, so there is not way attach the cable to charge the Ipod. Concerning weather protection, I think that I would take the same precautions as I would with the Ipod, a little light precip for a brief period would probably be ok, but I sure would not want to risk getting the unit wet, maybe damp, but not wet!

Steve

Concerning the charging question, the answer is no! The unit plugs into the bottom, so there is not way attach the cable to charge the Ipod.

Thanks. I finally did get a hold of a photo/spec of the dock-connection model and you are correct.

I will be going with the iJet which has a pass-thru connector. The remote also has a tactile button set (the buttons click when you push them). This should be handy for using the remote with gloves on.

Thanks for all the good info.

Archived