IGNORED

Cruise control error

Marnix Vl

Hi,

I have bought a R1200 RT from 2009.

The cruise control is sometimes working and when working shutt down after a while . Most off the time when using set he don't come on.

Rear wheel sensor is replaced , but when I do the diagnostic procedure the light don't go on and off when turning rear wheel.

Some  suggestions ?

23 minutes ago, Marnix Vl said:

Hi,

I have bought a R1200 RT from 2009.

The cruise control is sometimes working and when working shutt down after a while . Most off the time when using set he don't come on.

Rear wheel sensor is replaced , but when I do the diagnostic procedure the light don't go on and off when turning rear wheel.

Some  suggestions ?

Morning Marnix Vl

It sort is sounds like the handlebar switch is acting up  or an internal brake pressure switch is not functioning properly (or the rider could be riding with his foot slightly resting on the brake pedal. But there are also a LOT of other causes from throttle splitter box adjustment (internal cancel switch) issues to even a CanBus interference issue.

My best suggestion is to get a GS-911 (or dealer computer) on that bike & find out what problem it points to.

That do-it-yourself cruise control test can point to a problem but just as easily be inaccurate as to the cause of the problem. (if it passes the test then the cruise will probably work but if it doesn't pass then that basically only tells you there is a problem in the cruise system somewhere.

If your brake warning light is not illuminated then there is usable speed signal entering the computer system.

Recurrent issues/inconsistency w/ mine (also 2009 RT)

My light (the little red light in the switch) never comes on, regardless of whether it's functioning or not.

At startup, I wait for the SET indicator on the speedometer to come on and OFF during the test phase, before I actually push the starter button.

If I hit a big bump, the cruise control will often stop - and will not come again until the next restart of the bike. (or if I haven't used it yet, won't work at all)