IGNORED

Throttle Body Covers?

JamesW

I'm just curious.  Apparently some early ('94) oilheads had a plastic cover that fit over the top of the throttle bodies.  My early oilhead didn't.  Apparently this cover doesn't fit well if one installs the EV14 injectors on these bikes.  Can't see the reason for these covers.  BMW service manual doesn't show these covers but the parts list on line from Bob's BMW lists these covers at $12.24 each.  I think if my bike had these covers I would just leave them off as I see no reason for them.

5 hours ago, JamesW said:

I'm just curious.  Apparently some early ('94) oilheads had a plastic cover that fit over the top of the throttle bodies.  My early oilhead didn't.  Apparently this cover doesn't fit well if one installs the EV14 injectors on these bikes.  Can't see the reason for these covers.  BMW service manual doesn't show these covers but the parts list on line from Bob's BMW lists these covers at $12.24 each.  I think if my bike had these covers I would just leave them off as I see no reason for them.

Afternoon James

I have also seen those covers on the 1100R & 1100GS bikes. I'm not exactly sure if they were ONLY a beauty cover or both a beauty cover & protector for the throttle cable/TB cam area.

11 minutes ago, JamesW said:

You're probably right and no need on an RSL since cam area is covered.

Evening James

They can't be that important as those covers went away on the 1150 boxer bikes.