IGNORED

Broken Clear Water bracket

swilson

I was wiping down my bike today and discovered one of my Clear Water Erica mounts had snapped.  Pretty goofy failure, considering the light wasn't struck by anything significant... Just bugs   I'd guess it was a flawed part and the vibration was enough to kill it.

I'll contact them tomorrow, I'm sure they'll take care of it.  Anyone else run into this before?

IMG_20190704_130500.jpg

IMG_20190704_130521.jpg

Not with Clearwater Lights but very similar bracket for LED Rider light. Broke mulitple brackets multiple times. They finally sent me a bracket that was a little beefier and that has lasted. I'm not an engineer, but that bend in the bracket is a stress point that is weakened by the bend. Hopefully Clearwater didn't feel they could add a few cents to their profit margin and switch to a "thinner" bracket material. This is one of those cases, I would pay more for the lights just to have a hefty bracket.

I was wiping down my bike today and discovered one of my Clear Water Erica mounts had snapped.  Pretty goofy failure, considering the light wasn't struck by anything significant... Just bugs   I'd guess it was a flawed part and the vibration was enough to kill it.

I'd be more concerned with that wheel that has fallen off! :3:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yeah, sure looks like vibration fatigue.  Maybe they cold bend those sharp angles in the bracket and it starts life a bit on the brittle side.  If the replacement looks like the same fabrication you might bget longer life by leaving it in 3rd gear, or drive faster:5146:

10 minutes ago, Paul De said:

.  If the replacement looks like the same fabrication you might bget longer life by leaving it in 3rd gear, or drive faster:5146:

I was considering switching to round tires next time around, to see if that helps :18:

I called Clearwater this morning. As expected they're shipping out a free set of brackets. Great company to deal with

MichiganBob

Good Morning,

Had  a similar break with my Denali 4 fork mounts. Broke where the bolt from the light goes through (another stress point). Twisted throttle service was excellent, no question about free replacement and shipping and sent it to the next destination on my trip west. Love to work with a company that backs up their products.

Bob

• Like 1