IGNORED

GPR exhaust?

MBrockman5

-Does anyone have any experience with GPR slip-on mufflers? I'm looking into replacing my stock muffler on my 07 R1200RT with something different.

-I've heard some videos and the GPR's sound pretty good for being "budget friendly". I would love to go with Remus, but it's a little outside my budget.

-I know everyone has their own opinion regarding aftermarket exhaust, and any improvements are negligible at best. This is just a personal preference for me. 

My late brother bought one of the first H-D XR1200s back in the day. There were no aftermarket exhausts available for this new scoot. We found GPR slip-ons online.  My brother RIP, always had to have a pipe on his scoots, merely for the song. 

Impatiently, he orders it up and we install it. First ride is a 50 mile ride to Hot Springs AR and on the return trip a weld snaps and one silencer goes tumbling down Hwy 5. 

In GPR’s defense he was diagnosed with lung cancer that very week so he never contacted them so they could honor their commitment.

Many years have passed and I'm sure due to survival of the fittest GPR has won the constant battle of quality control. I mean no ill will nor malice towards them. Just my personal experience since you asked. 

The GPR was replaced with a Vance & Hines unit. It was loud, gaudy and awful hot. We always joked  that you could tape a beef roast to your thigh and by Memphis (140 miles😜) it would be done to a turn. 

Good of luck with your pipe search. The Remus is very nice by the way. 

Pm sent....

DB1F8345-0D78-4D1F-8A77-0217E43643A9.jpeg

6BC5F5CA-BE50-4339-9EF0-ED5311245AA6.jpeg