IGNORED

2014 Corbin one piece heated seat

bmwdavid

I purchased a Corbin heated seat from a member when I purchased my 2016 R1200RT. It was used once for 20 miles by the previous owner when I purchased it. I've only put 600 miles on my bike in two years and tried putting it on the bike today. It doesn't fit and I believe it only fits 2014 model. It has all the hardware, two keys and is in the original Corbin box. I'm just wondering if anyone knows for sure if it only fits the 2014 year and also if anyone might be interested in the seat since it won't work for me. My email is davelagana@cox.net if anyone would like to discuss it. I'm located in connecticut. 

I  know nothing about  the one piece Corbin but have you tried changing the seat height adjuster to see if that makes a difference?

Just found this on the Corbin site.

"We include all brackets needed to mount saddle.

Maybe you're missing some required brackets.

2014 to 2018 for sure is the same bike, same fit. 2019, I'm 99.9% sure it will fit also. Now fit is a term Corbin uses loosely IMO. They always seem to need some fudging to get them to work. Unlike the masterfully made Sargent seat. ;)

I called Corbin and sent them pics of the underside of seat along with the model number off the seat. They tell me what I have will only fit a 2014 and maybe early 2015. I don't understand but since I never ride the bike I decided to put it up for sale in the classifieds. Think someone with a 2014 will get a new Corbin for a great price.   

Frank Brown

BMW changed the under seat arrangement of things in 2015, therefore, the 2014 Corbin seat will only fit a 2014 1200RT, period.......

On 6/23/2019 at 1:16 AM, brown said:

BMW changed the under seat arrangement of things in 2015, therefore, the 2014 Corbin seat will only fit a 2014 1200RT, period.......

In what way did they change the seat mounting hardware?

Frank Brown
13 hours ago, AndyS said:

In what way did they change the seat mounting hardware?

The computer is taller/higher and the two holes near the back for the Corbin locking mechanism are no longer there.