IGNORED

More than 600 miles before 1st service

Tommy_Boy

My 600 mile service is scheduled for next Friday (still 10 days away) and I have 750 miles on my RT. And the dealer is 70 miles away! How far can I push it before I should just park it and wait for the service?

Thanks!

My 600 mile service is scheduled for next Friday (still 10 days away) and I have 750 miles on my RT. And the dealer is 70 miles away! How far can I push it before I should just park it and wait for the service?

Thanks!

The 600 miles is not magical. You can go 1000 or 1200 miles without fear.

I've never had a 600 mile check done with less than 1100 miles. Ride it enjoy it and get the service done when you can!!! thumbsup.gif

My dealer said they wanted more than 600 on it before they would do the service. The reality is they would like it between 600-1000. Mine will have about 950 on it today when I drop it off. The 600 is on them. Cool.

James

Shouldn't be a problem. I had almost 1200miles when I was able to bring it in. As long as your bike is running ok with no really extra ordinary motor sounds your fine. And the dealer won't make a big deal about it.

hp wave.gif

Kermit Jackson

The service rep. at my dealer told me to try to get at least 800 before my service appt. and if I could 1000 would be even better.

Kermit

My ST's owner manual actually calls for the "running-in check" to be done between 300 and 750 miles, though the dealer referred to it as a "600 mile" service. There's no magic to any particular number, but you want to get it done fairly soon.

I think the "600 mile" check came from the 1000km interval.

Yes, you can go over.

When I get my next brand new one I'll change the oil several times beforre we retorque.

Don't like metal where it doesn't belong. eek.gif

Just a little clarification, at least from my manual: the 600 mile reference relates to the length break-in period (reduced rpm's, no constant-throttle operation, etc.). The manual calls for the initial service to be completed between 300 and 750 miles.

Archived