IGNORED

Fingers Crossed For Dunlop Rebate...

Twisties

Last time there was a substantial, $70 IIRC, rebate for Dunlop tires.  I bought through Rocky Mtn ATV and they offered automatic rebate processing.  I did whatever and they confirmed my rebate was submitted to Dunlop.  You know the drill, wait two months... and forget you were ever supposed to get anything.  For some reason I remembered.  Dunlop had no record what so ever of my rebate submission, but Rocky Mtn Atv stood up and credited me the amount.

So today it's time for a new set of tires.  It was between Dunlops and Pirellis.  Shopping I noticed that once again Dunlop offers a rebate, $40 this time... that I had not noticed mentioned at Rocky Mtn Atv.   I have loyalty credits there, so it is usually a better deal to buy from them if all else is equal.    I confirmed from the Dunlop site that the rebate is available with purchase through Rocky Mtn, so Pirelli will have to wait...  $40 off makes the Dunlop's a better deal and I like the tire... if ain't broke, don't fix it.  

Well, I submitted the rebate claim directly online at Dunlop and got a confirmation #.  You know the drill... 8-10 weeks.  Fingers crossed... 

2 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Just got my card from Dunlop, think I bought the tires in March...

Good to hear!

Check it out to see if there is an expiration date.  I had mine in a satchel for a road trip and when I tried to use it I found that it had expired.

• Sad 1

I had a rebate card a couple years ago....craftily added items to a purchase from an online motorcycle store to get as close to the face value as possible. Knowing I would probably toss it after this purchase.....

Well, that won't work. They charge fees on these cards, so taking 3-4% out of the face value will get the amount I could finally use. Not sure if all do that?

• Sad 1

I bought my tires at the end of March.  Got my rebate card in mid May, so about 7 weeks.  The card did expire in September so I only had 4 months to use the card.  Used it up in 2 weeks.  I did get $60 dollars, $40 for two tires and the mounting of the tires they considered a service so $20 rebate for that.

• Like 1

I just bought a set of Continental TrailAttack3's.  They were eligible for a $60 rebate, and I actually got the pre-paid debit card eleven days after I submitted the online application.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Got this from someone (whoever datarebate is?) today... so my rebate is approved, or not...  LOL  Fingers still crossed.

Good news! Your rebate is approved!

Inbox
x

unauth_avatar_red_2x.png

info@datarebate.com <info@datarebate.com>

Mon, Jul 1, 9:26 PM (10 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hello JAN BARBAS, 

Thanks for participating in this rebate offer. Your DUNLOP rebate is approved. 

Here is your tracking ID: 1006631750 

Please use this tracking ID for support requests and rebate lookups on the customer service website (www.datarebate.com). 

Next Steps: 

Please review the address we have on file:
95775 MARTIN RANCH RD
Brookings OR 97415
jbarbas09@gmail.com 

If you need to update your mailing address or email address please call 1-877-630-2345 or email us at help@datarebate.com. We’ll update the address for you. 

Mailing timeframe: 
Most rebate checks mail 6-8 weeks after the approval date. This timeframe ensures the rebate sponsor has enough time to complete final verification of the rebate and provide funding for the rebate checks. 

Checks mail immediately after funding is received. Some checks mail faster and some need a bit more time to complete this process. Once your rebate is approved, you will have a check mailed to you. Please refer back to your rebate form for the sponsor’s usual timeframe for mailing rebate checks. 
1 hour ago, Twisties said:

Got this from someone (whoever datarebate is?) today... so my rebate is approved, or not...  LOL  Fingers still crossed.

Good news! Your rebate is approved!

Inbox
x

unauth_avatar_red_2x.png

info@datarebate.com <info@datarebate.com>

Mon, Jul 1, 9:26 PM (10 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hello JAN BARBAS, 

Thanks for participating in this rebate offer. Your DUNLOP rebate is approved. 

Here is your tracking ID: 1006631750 

Please use this tracking ID for support requests and rebate lookups on the customer service website (www.datarebate.com). 

Next Steps: 

Please review the address we have on file:
95775 MARTIN RANCH RD
Brookings OR 97415
jbarbas09@gmail.com 

If you need to update your mailing address or email address please call 1-877-630-2345 or email us at help@datarebate.com. We’ll update the address for you. 

Mailing timeframe: 
Most rebate checks mail 6-8 weeks after the approval date. This timeframe ensures the rebate sponsor has enough time to complete final verification of the rebate and provide funding for the rebate checks. 

Checks mail immediately after funding is received. Some checks mail faster and some need a bit more time to complete this process. Once your rebate is approved, you will have a check mailed to you. Please refer back to your rebate form for the sponsor’s usual timeframe for mailing rebate checks. 

Good luck.  Canon actually stopped their mail-in rebates some years ago because of all of the complaints that they received.  I think  they have since reinstated them.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the Pirelli Angel GT's far better. And they came with an instant rebate from the online retailer I bought them from... name withheld on purpose, 1 day free delivery too.

... just sayn'..

Hope they come through for you.

• Like 1

Im usually not loyal to certain stores but I really like Rocky Mountain ATV. They always give me that rebate, well after I've forgotten, and the free shipping and premium collection doesnt hurt. I just wish you could identify a set of tires that are availalble rather then individually searching!