Sign in to follow this  
Twisties

Fingers Crossed For Dunlop Rebate...

Twisties

Last time there was a substantial, $70 IIRC, rebate for Dunlop tires.  I bought through Rocky Mtn ATV and they offered automatic rebate processing.  I did whatever and they confirmed my rebate was submitted to Dunlop.  You know the drill, wait two months... and forget you were ever supposed to get anything.  For some reason I remembered.  Dunlop had no record what so ever of my rebate submission, but Rocky Mtn Atv stood up and credited me the amount.

So today it's time for a new set of tires.  It was between Dunlops and Pirellis.  Shopping I noticed that once again Dunlop offers a rebate, $40 this time... that I had not noticed mentioned at Rocky Mtn Atv.   I have loyalty credits there, so it is usually a better deal to buy from them if all else is equal.    I confirmed from the Dunlop site that the rebate is available with purchase through Rocky Mtn, so Pirelli will have to wait...  $40 off makes the Dunlop's a better deal and I like the tire... if ain't broke, don't fix it.  

Well, I submitted the rebate claim directly online at Dunlop and got a confirmation #.  You know the drill... 8-10 weeks.  Fingers crossed... 

Twisties

I guess I'll put a reminder in my calendar for Labor Day.  :-)

MikeB60

Just got my card from Dunlop, think I bought the tires in March...

Twisties
2 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Just got my card from Dunlop, think I bought the tires in March...

Good to hear!

bwpsg42

Check it out to see if there is an expiration date.  I had mine in a satchel for a road trip and when I tried to use it I found that it had expired.

realshelby

I had a rebate card a couple years ago....craftily added items to a purchase from an online motorcycle store to get as close to the face value as possible. Knowing I would probably toss it after this purchase.....

Well, that won't work. They charge fees on these cards, so taking 3-4% out of the face value will get the amount I could finally use. Not sure if all do that?

VaR1200RT

I bought my tires at the end of March.  Got my rebate card in mid May, so about 7 weeks.  The card did expire in September so I only had 4 months to use the card.  Used it up in 2 weeks.  I did get $60 dollars, $40 for two tires and the mounting of the tires they considered a service so $20 rebate for that.