IGNORED

Are SW-Motech Crash Bars for R1200 ST any good?

anotherdjohnson

anotherdjohnson

I’m in need of new protection for my heads, a car tried to occupy the same space as I was, and smashed my head protector, so I’ll need to replace it.  I was considering getting crash bars to provide a bit more protection overall, can anyone tell me if they are any good?  Does anyone have any recommendations on replacements?  I bought it used, and don’t know who actually manufactured the protectors that are on it.

I have the SW-Motech bars on my ST and yes, they work very well.  I've only had one tip over when an inattentive roadside assistance individual dropped the bike while tying it down to have it taken do my dealer (the fuel pump controller had failed).  The result was just a small scrape on the left bar and no damage to the bike itself.  And while I haven't done it yet, the bars would make a good place to mount aux lights.

• 4 weeks later...
MrMillett95

I was looking into them. They are the only protection that I've seen available for the ST. Might have to pick some up some day. I wouldn't mind a used set to be honest.