IGNORED

High school grad photos

Do you really want to do this??  BTW, Nice shoes.

1964 - International School of Bangkok, Thailand.  Broken ankle courtesy of a Honda 90...how embarrassing is that?

19-028a.jpg

• Like 2
greiffster
4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

This might be fun, what’d ya look like when the possibilities were endless? :)

F12BFDB6-6DE7-4B7D-91AC-12A064A5CB76.jpeg

I see you wore your good shoes to graduation?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, greiffster said:

I see you wore your good shoes to graduation?

Oh yeah, they went everywhere! :grin:

• 3 years later...

Couldn't afford the photos,.....here's proof

image.png.e465f30900d7adf7397dacb632c934db.png

but, three months later, a much better graduation (went to boot camp seven days after hi skool)

image.thumb.jpeg.3149ed95667bbc6d390ac3b39516c3c9.jpeg

• Like 5
RandyShields
On 6/4/2019 at 3:48 PM, DaveCinNO said:

Broken ankle courtesy of a Honda 90..

I also got to attend my HS graduation (1974) with a cast on.  A broken foot occurred at the team gathering the evening before our championship league track meet -- playing basketball -- the one activity our track coach did not permit during the season.  That was an embarrassing apology in school the next day.  No photo walking across the stage with crutches for my diploma, but here is one being helped into the senior dance the week before.  No, I didn't dance. . . ., but check out those stylish plaid trousers.

Crutches.jpg

• Like 2
RandyShields
32 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Love the cig!

No smoking in school facilities, but you can see it's not lit.  He just wanted to make a statement with his entrance. Went into his pocket as soon as he got inside, but makes for a great memory.

We used to have a smoking room for students. Of course all the teachers smoked in the teacher's lounge.

No grad picture, but first grade pic. Damn I was a cute little dude!

IMG_20180301_072152415.thumb.jpg.14302a408a48472618d24f99cbbdf977.jpg

• Like 2

Speaking of no pictures, I was a bit of a rebel and decided not to do a yearbook photo. They must of took it personal because they didn’t even add my name to the 83 graduating class. 

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

I think some of these folks here may not have high school graduation photos at all,.....they'll have hi skool graduation sketch art or paintings as cameras prolly didn't exist when some of these gradgeated

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I think some of these folks here may not have high school graduation photos at all,.....they'll have hi skool graduation sketch art or paintings as cameras prolly didn't exist when some of these gradgeated

.....and you young whipper snappers diss on the millennials.....be respectful to your elders Sonny!  :3:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BamaJohn said:

.....and you young whipper snappers diss on the millennials.....be respectful to your elders Sonny!  :3:

Damn old people!!!  I'ma latchkey kid

image.png.e9c9d697ff1cf29a0bc9f1f4d7fe20b1.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BamaJohn said:

LOL...Now, that's funny!

IMG_7215.jpg

Look, the first high school year book that has actual photographs in it;)

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Damn old people!!!  I'ma latchkey kid

image.png.e9c9d697ff1cf29a0bc9f1f4d7fe20b1.png

Almost like it was written about me and my brothers.

Except we weren't called latchkey kids, we were just called kids.

18 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Almost like it was written about me and my brothers.

Except we weren't called latchkey kids, we were just called kids.

We were just called "the boys",.....four brothers I have.  Oldest is ten years older than me, youngest is nine years younger,....I'm second youngest

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
21 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

Well, I didn't graduate high school got a GED after joining the Army!

Well, at least you didn't have to attend Mrs. Gleason's typing class.  The quick brown fox jumped over the....

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

Well, at least you didn't have to attend Mrs. Gleason's typing class.  The quick brown fox jumped over the....

lazy dogs back!  Took typing my sophomore year before making my escape!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well it took me 13 years to graduate. :classic_blush: I guess I didn’t apply myself in second grade. :dontknow: :classic_biggrin: I will say, it didn’t bother me until the end of my junior year. 

Kids my age were starting their life but I had one more year! :ohboy:

My workmate who just retired, graduated in 83 also. Now he wasn’t a rebel and got his picture in the yearbook. He brought it to work before he left. It was the first time I’ve seen the book in all those years, cool remembering all the faces you thought you forgot. Except um, Kathy, Jennifer and Christine, ya some you just don’t forget. :classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Well it took me 13 years to graduate. :classic_blush: I guess I didn’t apply myself in second grade. :dontknow: :classic_biggrin: I will say, it didn’t bother me until the end of my junior year. 

Kids my age were starting their life but I had one more year! :ohboy:

My workmate who just retired, graduated in 83 also. Now he wasn’t a rebel and got his picture in the yearbook. He brought it to work before he left. It was the first time I’ve seen the book in all those years, cool remembering all the faces you thought you forgot. Except um, Kathy, Jennifer and Christine, ya some you just don’t forget. :classic_biggrin:

You should Be proud you were senior class president 3 years in a row. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
15 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

You should Be proud you were senior class president 3 years in a row. 

I don’t know about the class president position but, I did ride one badass motorcycle to school! :cool: :grin:

I had a hot station wagon! By hot, I mean an ugly brown station wagon. Had a big motor though. That set expectations high for all following vehicles and motorcycles.

• Like 2

To be fair, come the first week in November it got cold enough in the mornings I had to take the 72 Dodge Dart. Not a cool car by any means.

Finally found mine.  (Laura has them hanging on her wall in the office)  :yes:

Class of 1983!

Cap and gown photo:

20230322_160546-1.thumb.jpg.a4e1a7bfb4aeea409d9778bd14463cb5.jpg

Year book photo:

20230322_160333-1.thumb.jpg.08d2ef35fbf7f1465eb24966078b0d6b.jpg

Hair:  I haven't found a use for it since High School.    :burnout:

• Like 4
  • Smile 1