IGNORED

Toll pass tag mounting on bike (Georgia Peach Pass) headlight

wbw6cos

Do any of the Georgia riders have a Peach Pass affixed to their bikes?  The GA Peach Pass also works in FL and NC, as I am told, so this query may extend to ya'll too.

I have had one on my cruiser for several years, with no bank card associated with it; the I-85 express lanes allow free travel for motorcycles, AF vehicles, and non-toll mode vehicles (2+).due to construction utilizing existing travel lanes to make a toll road.  

Fast forward a few years and new toll lanes on I-75 (North and South of Atlanta) were built without taking any existing lanes, which do not allow free passage for motorcycles, AF vehicles, an non-toll mode cars.  In order to use these lanes, one would need to have an account set up to pay.  I doubt I will ever ride the cruiser to where I will need to use the toll lanes on I-75, however, on my R1250RT I may have an reason to use those lanes, on occasion (SECFF, trips to visit my Dad in Tifton, etc).

I went ahead and ordered the Peach Pass using a C/C for payments.  They sent it to me and here is the kicker:  the mounting instructions provided state to place the pass decal, dead centered on the headlight.   Yes,  the headlight.  The Peach Pass on my cruiser is not a see-through type and is mounted on my windscreen, just above the headlight.  The new pass is clear, with some lines, and/or barcodes on it.

If anyone has a toll transponder mounted on the bike's headlight, then let me know if you have had any issues, or not.  I am not all fond of putting anything in front of the main beam of light.  Just sayin'  Part of me wants to mount the decal slightly above the light, but I want to make sure that I do not set myself up for failure and get fines after I use the toll lanes.  :4607:

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

William

• Like 1

Hi William. I have had mine on the headlight for almost 4 years now. No problems with it staying on the glass nor any problems with it disrupting the light beam pattern. It is basically a RFID tag.

• Like 1
szurszewski

That is where moto passes get mounted here in WA as well. Ours is a clear sticker with a squiggly wire for the RFID. No problems for me so far. 

The instructions with tje tag specifically say it needs to be on the glass so it can use the headlight reflector to work. I don’t know if that’s true or no, or even applicable to your tag. 

Here they look like this. 

motorcycle+pass.jpg

Great replies!  Thank you Chris K and szurszewski for the feedback.  The Peach Pass looks exactly like the one in the photo.  Nice that ya'll have glass,  but the RT has plastic (gaaaasp!)

Looks like mine will be affixed to the center-ish area of the head light.

Much oblige.

szurszewski

That's not my bike - just a pic I pulled off the net. The bike I have a tag on is a Ducati ST (too lazy to go get a pic, but now I feel like that's silly so...), which has dual/side by side lamps, one of which is projector beam style, so there really is neither a "center" nor traditional reflector to center the tag on...so I just stuck it in the middle :)

So far, no problems...

and here's a pic:

30CAE241-9133-4FFA-B6E7-CE920DC628E5.thumb.jpeg.78417866aa64463b8963bef6146b65bb.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, szurszewski said:

That's not my bike - just a pic I pulled off the net. The bike I have a tag on is a Ducati ST (too lazy to go get a pic, but now I feel like that's silly so...), which has dual/side by side lamps, one of which is projector beam style, so there really is neither a "center" nor traditional reflector to center the tag on...so I just stuck it in the middle :)

So far, no problems...

and here's a pic:

30CAE241-9133-4FFA-B6E7-CE920DC628E5.thumb.jpeg.78417866aa64463b8963bef6146b65bb.jpeg

Good stuff.

• 2 years later...

I found my Peach Pass this evening.  Got 'em a year and a half ago.  Then I googled how to mount them on a motorcycle.  The first two were for cars aparently.  The third reference was to BMWST, right here!!  

You guys did a great job!!  Thanks.

Stuck it on my ST1300:

image.png.a381152f00f446bcf88a641b7685d1fb.png

We'll find out tomorrow if it's working right.

• Haha 1