IGNORED

Glare Professional

russg

I've been looking for the was/polish I'll be using on my RT. I have been using NXT but I have read some good things about Glare Professional. Anyone used this product or have some feedback?

--russ

Ride to be born.

• 3 months later...
I have read some good things about Glare Professional. Anyone used this product or have some feedback?
I also read several reviews of this product on different car and bike enthusiast lists and finally decided to give it a try. I tried it first on my practically new R12RT, and was very pleased with the result. Previously, I was using a good carnauba, and this stuff is noticeably better. The finish really jumps out, even though the original BMW paint on the tupperware is already very shiny.

Next, I tried it on the 25-year-old paint job on my '59 Mercedes. Again, a very good result, good enough, in fact, to make me reconsider my decision to get that car repainted.

It is simple enough to use, but it does require some time and elbow grease. For the first application you rub until the wax starts to disappear, then follow up with a second coat. The claim is that the shine will last five years, and withstand the heat of chrome exhausts. The jury is obvously out on those promises.

There is a lot of hype about Glare Professional, especially on the company's own websites (it has several), but it has been endorsed by Boeing for aircraft finishes, and Honda has licensed it under "Honda Glare Professional" and sells it in its dealerships.

The price is steep. If you buy it from the manufacturer, you are going to pay in excess of $25 for a twelve-ounce bottle. I found it online under the Honda brand for $19.99 at a place called Parker Yamaha. Even with the FedEx, you are still saving money with Parker. My first bottle was enough for a thorough wax job on the RT and the Mercedes, but just barely.

Take a look at this site...This is good stuff and seems brighter than the past wax I've been using...Appears to hide some of the "spider-webbing" we have on one car....Easy to use too....

www.z-bestcarwax.com

Phil........Redbrick

A while back there was some super duper stuff used on aircraft that was supposed to be the second coming. I found a web site in MO but got now response when trying to order. Someone here may know what I am thinking of, but for now the product name escapes me. Some stuff may cost more than the benefit in using. If you like to wax your bike after every wash, then why spend big $ on anything when there are a lot of products that will give your bike a nice shine. JMO

A while back there was some super duper stuff used on aircraft that was supposed to be the second coming.
One of the claims that Glare makes is that Boeing has selected it for use on jet fuselages. Whether that is really relevant to someone waxing a motorcycle is a matter of personal judgement. If you keep your paint clean and waxed as a matter of habit, you are right that there are lots of good products out there. What has impressed me most so far about Glare is the rejuvenating effect it had on my vintage Mercedes paint. The effect was quite striking, both on the paint and on the chrome. Now we'll see how long it lasts.

Archived